Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

jackdaw*

Oh Lord, how could I forget the Maat?! Biggest waste of money EVER. EVER. Sold it on to someone who I guess loved it, but of course I didn't make my money back on it, and I get angry now I think of it. Such a talented artist, and wasted on these awful pictures.

Lillie

The magickal.

Twice.

Bought the deck in the early 90's and gave it away.

Bought the set a few years ago and sold it.

I always feel I ought to like it but I never do.

Libra8ca

There's two decks I regret buying: the Dark Grimoire and the Crystal. They just are not my taste; live and learn ;)

LotusSong

Madame Endora's Fortune Cards. The only way I could give a good reading with that oracle is if I memorized all the potential symbolism for the object/creature on each card. I have too many other decks that require study like that to bother with this one. D; I wanted it so badly too! Oh well...

Owl Song

Tarot of Sweet Twilight - An odd combination of cutesy and angst. I just couldn't read with it successfully.

Pictorial Key Tarot - To me the images felt lifeless, the people like wax figures.

Jungian Tarot - I was only about 18 or 19 when I bought this but I remember utterly hating it.

Shadowscapes - Images too small to sustain the lovely artwork.

Liber T - Yes....I know many people think it's brilliant. I still own a copy because I am waiting for the day when I can get past the bestiality and flagellation. So far--I just can't. I know it's symbolic but still, I just don't want to see that on my Tarot deck.

Faolainn Storm

Modern Medieval.

Bought it because it had the word medieval in the title. Found out is was a bad photo deck with about six to ten models posed awkwardly with really weird props. It is so unreadable - the same freaky looking guy turns up on two of the knights and at least one of the kings, as well as several other cards and it becomes really weird when he looks out at you from half the cards in a spread.

FS

willoe

Zerner-Farber. I wanted to like it so much, but it just felt so stiff and made me feel claustrophobic. I got rid of the deck and the book and didn't pick up another deck until 5 years later.

Carla

willoe said:
Zerner-Farber. I wanted to like it so much, but it just felt so stiff and made me feel claustrophobic. I got rid of the deck and the book and didn't pick up another deck until 5 years later.

Good lord, Zerner-Farber put you off tarot for 5 years! Wow!

willoe

Carla said:
Good lord, Zerner-Farber put you off tarot for 5 years! Wow!

It did indeed! I just couldn't get past how blocked off it made me feel.

Thankfully I realized that not all decks are meant for all people. And here we are today. :)

Morgane_49

Let's see...

The list is short...

Mystic Dreamer Tarot - hated the deck (art) so much that I returned it within an hour of opening it.

Zerner Farber Tarot - just didn't like the card size and the art in person, but it's still languishing around here somewhere.

Sweet Twilight - found it too naive and juvenile for my taste, and passed it on to my son - he loves it.