When the death card means real death

Alpha-Omega

Ok I think I can speak for most readers, that we dont think the death card means real death, At least not all the time. Death can mean death only at a small % of the time. Well I Think the tarot predicted a death (For the 2nd time for me)....... I was at my aunts house and giving her a reading, and later she wanted to pull some cards. She pulled 3, Death 10 of Swords and I think a court card. Well I said death does not mean actually death, not all the time. and I am not sure what she was asking the cards in her mind, if she was at all.
But 4 days later after that day her brother passed away. And i feel that the reading picked up on that and told us ahead of time. What do u all think? Does anyone have any stories like this?

Miss Divine

Alpha-Omega said:
Ok I think I can speak for most readers, that we dont think the death card means real death, At least not all the time. Death can mean death only at a small % of the time. Well I Think the tarot predicted a death (For the 2nd time for me)....... I was at my aunts house and giving her a reading, and later she wanted to pull some cards. She pulled 3, Death 10 of Swords and I think a court card. Well I said death does not mean actually death, not all the time. and I am not sure what she was asking the cards in her mind, if she was at all.
But 4 days later after that day her brother passed away. And i feel that the reading picked up on that and told us ahead of time. What do u all think? Does anyone have any stories like this?

Hi,

Yes, it has predicted a real death for me and friends a few times too. Also the 10 of swords by the way.
That is why I DO get anxious when these cards come up.
I got the Death card and 10 swords recently...well our beloved 9 year old bunny died. So for me it's not only prdicting death with people, but also with a pet.

starrystarrynight

Sorry for the loss in your family, Alpha-Omega.

Absolutely, Death can mean actual physical Death. The 10 of Swords is also an "ending" card. And if the third card was a court card that may have signified the man who died, I would definitely consider that this spread pointed to this man's physical death.

Many years ago, the Nine of Swords also meant physical death, so I often get a physical jolt when that card comes up, too.

Elven

(((((Alpha-Omega))))) sorry for your loss :(

But I do have to agree with the combination - I have seen this too many times to not recognize it, yet I usually get this with another deciding card which gives some factor - like if the Hermit turns up as well, it relates to a an illness or the Chariot, a car accident, with the 3 of cups - a heart problem is the cause ... these have been real incidents and experiences in my readings ... though there is also a dependancy on placement as well.

Just my 2c worth ...
Blessings Elven x

edit: ... starry, I forgot about the 9 of swords ... thanks for the heads-up ... when the 9 can also turn up with the 10 and Death - another combination which I think is relevant and have seen.

Alpha-Omega

Thank you everyone...

EarthFaery

First I want to say that I'm very sorry for your loss

I've had this card mean an actual death plenty of times, it describes any type of ending including but not limited to the end of life. For me, normally it's paired with either the 10 of Swords and or the Knight of Swords, for the most part they come up side by side but not always. You were definitely reading on your aunt's brothers death, I think deep down none of us want to predict the death of anyone. I can't tell someone that someone they love is going to pass, I tend say you'll be seeing some family and friends you haven't seen in a while etc. It's one of those cards that all sitters are afraid of, even when it doesn't mean an actual death (which is usually the case) you still have to give them the death card speech but when it does really mean an actual death it's very hard to explain

FishBoneFredd

The death of man's best friend

I'm sorry for your loss, Alpha-Omega. I have a story, although not in combination with the cards mentioned above, that relates somewhat.

About a month ago I threw a daily reading of two cards, the first representing the "major energy" of the day and the second representing how that energy would manifest. I drew the Ace of Pents and Death.

I knew exactly what the combo meant: That evening my wife and I were taking our "first kid as a couple" to the vet for a semi-emergency check up. For the past 2 years our lives had revolved around taking care of our epileptic dog Max. We scheduled our lives around his medicine times, sacrificed luxuries to buy treatment and medicine, and spent a lot of energy as a family trying to give him a decent life. The reason why I mention these things is because I knew the Ace of Pents was the beginning of a period healing for our family, and that healing took place thru the passing of our beloved Max.

I tried to keep an open mind about it thinking that Death doesn't always mean physical death, but in the back of my mind I just knew. After weighing all possible situations with the vet, we decided it was time to put him down.

In a way, it was a "beautiful" throw. The taste of bittersweet life. The last 6 months of his life was very tough, and I'm happy to see him get some peace. The moment and the throw I will never forget. Sometimes it's hard to see, but Death can bring some positive energy into your life.

NightQueen

Im so sorry for your loss, but I too have experienced the death card bringing warning of death, for a whole week every single day in my husbands cards there was the death card right by the king of cups which was his brother, on the 7th day we got a call from europe that he died in his sleep of a heart attack he was only 32, this happened on 11th of jan and it is still very painful for our family....

Emily

I too have had Death mean death - I think it comes up in a reading with a different energy, very focused - it makes you sit up and take notice.

I've also had Death turn up in readings where actual Death is the last thing the card means.

I do think its important to keep an open mind, look at the other cards in the reading, and the subject of the reading. But also be aware that when the Death card turns up, someone may die.

Edit
I've just read the other posts and realise that my post seems insensitive, its not meant to be - sorry.

LeFarr

Well, the problem is that we say "This doesn't necessarily mean death will occur" so much that we start to mentally rule that out completely.

But looking at what I've seen, most of these deaths have happened near the Ten of Swords. It is important to keep an open mind about it. I think that it's better if we say it "This doesn't mean death. Usually." And look at the cards around it. Sure it sounds grimmer if you say it that way, and sort of scarier, but it also would help if you say it like that to remember the fact that death usually means change, but death is the biggest actual change possible.

I hope I'm not sounding heartless.