"Mystical Reasons" vs Plain Common Sense Rant

Tarotphelia

There is great irony in this thread - you do realize that people from the "normal" world would be laughing their @ss off right now at the thought that tarot readers would be subdividing along the lines of who is reality based and who isn't . Since they probably consider all of us to be unrealistic nutters living in a fantasy world that thinks tarot is for real and actually works.

Can objects be cursed ? I can't provide proof one way or another . There is a long history of it though. (Classified under superstition, until it happens to YOU.) There is evidence that objects hold energy . Psychometrists can read it.
Healers can manipulate it .

Tarot is part of this world and not the next ? There must be some linkage if we can do readings about dead people and come up with accurate information.

So, these airy fairy tarot people should have more common sense ! And quit talking about their decks like they're people or living things ! Straighten up and live right . Snap out of it ! Wake up and smell the reality .

There's only one problem. The airy fairy-er you are , the more open you are to the energies you need to do better readings .

ravenest

closrapexa said:
What surprises me time and time again is that so many people fall into the same trap time and time again, and forget everything they ever knew about anything, when it comes to Tarot.

Not just Tarot closrapexa, heaps of things! I am starting to see a major division into 2 types of people. I used to see 1) those that get on with it and lean and do it and 2) those that dont. This is now refined to 1) those that try and do if it fails they look at why and try new solutions and parts, implement them, refine the process and try again until its right and 2) " many people fall into the same trap time and time again, and forget everything they ever knew about anything, ".

GOD this frustrates me!
Rant, rant!

Tarotphelia

Part 2:

Why are you frustrated and annoyed with people who are trying to learn tarot ? Isn't that what they are here for ? If they don't learn it your way and with you values ,in your time , is there some crime in that ?

Maybe they're tired of you and your ways - have you considered that ? Or could that not happen?

Zephyros

Breezes, I loved your post!:)

I wish you all the best of luck woth your Tarot studies. I have a feeling that you'll be great at it:)

Bean Feasa

Dark Inquisitor said:
There is great irony in this thread - you do realize that people from the "normal" world would be laughing their @ss off right now at the thought that tarot readers would be subdividing along the lines of who is reality based and who isn't . Since they probably consider all of us to be unrealistic nutters living in a fantasy world that thinks tarot is for real and actually works. ...[snip]
So, these airy fairy tarot people should have more common sense ! And quit talking about their decks like they're people or living things ! Straighten up and live right . Snap out of it ! Wake up and smell the reality .
There's only one problem. The airy fairy-er you are , the more open you are to the energies you need to do better readings .

I so agree with Dark Inquisitor. I'm fed up to the teeth of the arrogance of this particular type of tarot enthusiast: Hey look at us we're not in the least superstitious. We would never imagine our decks have a soul. We're up here at the sensible end of tarot, the intellectual brigade looking down on all the flakey woo-woos out there.
Give me a break, would you!

FaeryGodmother

Bean Feasa said:
I so agree with Dark Inquisitor. I'm fed up to the teeth of the arrogance of this particular type of tarot enthusiast: Hey look at us we're not in the least superstitious. We would never imagine our decks have a soul. We're up here at the sensible end of tarot, the intellectual brigade looking down on all the flakey woo-woos out there.
Give me a break, would you!

LMAO OMG! Flakey woo woo! I LOVE being a flaky woo woo :D:D:D

I believe the term we are talking about is "personification". Humans personify many things, not just tarot cards. For example when your computer plays up, its definetly the computers fault and nothing whatsoever to do with you doing something wrong. ;) Having said that, I honestly don't think theres anything wrong with personifing your cards. Listening when they tell you the aliens are about to knock on your door is probably going to far. Perhaps a happy medium exists?

Disa

ravenest said:
Not just Tarot closrapexa, heaps of things! I am starting to see a major division into 2 types of people. I used to see 1) those that get on with it and lean and do it and 2) those that dont. This is now refined to 1) those that try and do if it fails they look at why and try new solutions and parts, implement them, refine the process and try again until its right and 2) " many people fall into the same trap time and time again, and forget everything they ever knew about anything, ".

GOD this frustrates me!
Rant, rant!

You are speaking of people and their life issues in general, correct? Not specifically the way people read tarot(at least that's the impression I got from your post) I see this as well, and it is frustrating to watch people you love fall again and again as they stumble through life repeating the same mistakes, and there is virtually nothing we can do to stop it. I've come to realize they are on their own path, and just because I can see the way forward clearly, doesn't mean they can. I think they will just keep falling until they have learned their lesson - in their own time.

euripides

Hmmm... well... I do like to have a bit of a rant myself on occasions, but do be careful - one of the things that I like about AT is the diversity of views and the respect that everone treats one another's views with. If I want to have someone shoot me down in flames, I've got plenty of fundamentalist relatives who will be more than happy to do so!

I can see chlosrapexa's point, that sort of thing does come up a lot - 'the cards are evil' (I'm preparing a set of arguments as to why they aren't, to defend my evil practices to aforementioned fundamentalists) - and I think its a product of our upbringing - as someone said, humans generally are a superstitious lot. We might like to think we are sophisticated, but we absorb a lot of it along with mother's milk, I reckon. So you have to tread gently.

There's also a lot of snobbishness these days about intelligence, as though intelligence is an achievement. Not everybody gets to have an fabulous iQ, and it isn't something that can change, though education helps. Some people just aren't logical and never will be.

Grip Dellabonte

There are posters that come on this board that ask questions like, "have the cards turned on me?" "Have I mistreated my cards?" "I don't think God wants me reading..."...all kinds of interesting questions.
I agree with Bean Feasa. Sometimes people are either being tongue-in-cheek or just speaking in a colorful way. Sometimes, like me, they get impatient and frustrated and try to use wit to vent a little. Sometimes they're serious. But we're all on different paths and we all learn at different speeds.
The main thing I like about this board is the fact that there are so many patient people who post here who are willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, who treat their concerns - no matter how odd they may appear - as sincere concerns, and respond to them seriously and with respect. If people begin to couch their questions in "correct" wording as a protection against getting shot down, how will they learn anything? Their question no longer comes from an honest place, and the person answering them can no longer address the real issue because it hasn't actually been presented to them.
I myself hope people never stop asking questions about issues that truly concern them because those are the questions that are not watered down, and I learn a lot from them because oftentimes they cover subjects I never even considered, and never would have if they hadn't brought them up.