Anyone intersted in studying the Tarot Art Nouveau - Antonella Castelli

luxshine

Thank you, Ambrosia. I followed your advice and started with the fool. I do hope that more do join in. I do struggle a bit with this deck, but it's my favorite of the ones I own, so I'd love to have more people to talk about it with.

strings of life

Reviving this thread. I tend to do that with these Study Group threads and either don't participate or never finish :laugh:.

I've been working with this deck and a few other, but there is something about it that I really like. There's much more to it than what many think and there are so many little details worth exploring (the gestures particularly). Granted, you need to love Alphonse Mucha and Art Nouveau to enjoy the art in this deck, but the deck reads well too.

Does anyone else want to join in?

MoonGypsy

Hey Nicole! :love:

i used to have the mini! It was quite nice and readable, as i remember. A great tote around deck. It was just too...erm...pastel for me. :D i might decide to give it another try sometime, though. It haven't had it in almost 3 years.

strings of life

MoonGypsy said:
Hey Nicole! :love:

i used to have the mini! It was quite nice and readable, as i remember. A great tote around deck. It was just too...erm...pastel for me. :D i might decide to give it another try sometime, though. It haven't had it in almost 3 years.
I just ordered it from Abe Books for $12 and change with shipping :).

Yes, it is full of pastels (not what I am normally into save for the Paulina :love:), but it's the subtleties that I am drawn to. We'll see how it goes.

cardlady22

Just "re-found" this deck & I'm really wishing I had a good flower ID book. I'm also wondering if some of these characters & poses should/could be compared to famous works of art, mythology & literature.

misfitknits

urg, yes, i've been wanting to study this deck ever since i first got it. it was the first deck i'd bought in 10 years. once i started looking up card meanings, i found out that it didn't really jive with the deck, and then just got confused, bought a rider clone, but still wanted to learn, eventually, to read with this deck. i keep thinking i will start doing the studying again, and then post here, it just never happens!!! grrr... maybe i need to do an IDS or something with it, i haven't been reading much lately anyway... i always hope that someone will start the group again and then i can just chime in... yeah, i'm lazy!! :p

ETA: *after looking at cardlady's post again* the MOST frustrating thing about this deck for me was the little details, such as the flowers. i don't know much about flowers, so i obviously can't identify any of them. i really wish they would do a book on this deck from the artist, explaining WHAT all those little things are. and i LOVE this particular artist, including the other decks done by them, but WHAT IS ALL THIS STUFF?!?!

cardlady22

I'm not good at staying on one thing at a time, but I'm planning to do a thread on the flowers that are more readily recognized and see what else I can find.

misfitknits

hello group! i have started posting about this deck. the posts come directly from what i've written in my journal about each individual card. i have added a few new cards to the index, and plan on going as far as i can with it! i want to have a resource for people who want to get to know this deck better! i know there may not be very *many* people who want to learn the intricacies of this deck, but periodically, people have been posting in this thread to see if anyone else wanted to study this deck. the imagery in this deck has *so* many layers, it can be very deceiving. when i first bought the deck, i didn't get any feelings or thoughts about what the card meant, besides the general book meanings i already knew. now that i've been studying other decks for a couple of years, i come back to this one, and find that it is steeped in hidden symbolism! i have already had an amazing journey with this deck, and i'm not even through the majors yet!!

SO- *please* have a look at the individual card's threads and *please* also post your thoughts and what you see in the card!! we need more than just one opinion and outlook to truly understand this deck!!

vegangypsie

Hello I'm new

This was my first deck, I got it as a Christmas present this year, quickly followed by Crowley's Thoth deck. These are the only two I have. I know the art nouveau is not supposed to be for beginners, but I have had some great insights from it, even while being completely baffled by other cards/aspects. I would love if someone would share their insights on strength, as this is another one that differs significantly from other decks.