essential tarots, books and tools (or help me with my shoping list)

Minotauro

It is hard to choose! The Radiant colors are awesome and it is very pretty. But the faces leave a bit to be desired. They seem a bit . . . blank. Some how, even though it seems a bit pale, the Universal feels a bit "deeper" and truer to the original RWS. Actually, you could try the pocket size Universal Waite. Because the cards are smaller, the pictures and color are a lot sharper and richer. And the cards are a nice size - portable, but not too small. But I'm sure you could be happy with either choice.

thats a ctually a good advice and I do want a pocket tarot just you know to arry with me , I might get that ocket edition and uh Im thorn between the original rider waite and the cneetnial edition U.u they both are kinda darker and an old feeling to them. I think I like the centenial edition colors more but I dont like the back of the cards s: AGH! desitions DX hfghuyct!!!!

graspee

If I lived somewhere far away, where postage was expensive and I had to get things sent to me I would buy tarot decks only and not buy any books. Instead I would download my information from the internet. That way I would save a lot of postage since books are heavier than decks.

I don't mean doing anything illegal like downloading 78 degrees of wisdom torrent files, but getting free information from web sites and free pdf downloads which are legal, such as Liber Theta from http://www.thelema.org/publications/

Marieve

My absolute favourite is '21 ways to read a tarot card' but I think what might be helpful is just a good dictionary of symbols, that you probably can find locally. Then you can built your own personal understanding of meanings contained in cards, looking which correspondences appeal to you. It is so different in different cultures and I believe that drawing from local culture and folklore is really enriching and helpful to find you unique voice as tarot reader.

Oddity

Minotauro, ann823 already said this but have a look at Book Depository. Free shipping to Mexico.

http://www.bookdepository.com/

I've ordered from them a couple of times, they are good, reliable and cheap.

Lleminawc

If you're looking for essential tarots you should really get a Marseille deck, in addition to Thoth and Rider Waite.

Everyone has their favourite books; 78 Degrees is probably an important one to have because it's such a common point of reference. Robert Place's book is also good at going into history and symbolism. I'd personally recommend The Tarot by Alfred Douglas and The Magical World of the Tarot by Gareth Knight.

Minotauro

If you're looking for essential tarots you should really get a Marseille deck, in addition to Thoth and Rider Waite.

Everyone has their favourite books; 78 Degrees is probably an important one to have because it's such a common point of reference. Robert Place's book is also good at going into history and symbolism. I'd personally recommend The Tarot by Alfred Douglas and The Magical World of the Tarot by Gareth Knight.

you're right! the marseilles didnt even ocured to me XD

is it very diferent in meanings?
I think Im not gonna order that one because I think I could find it here , perhaps not as a divination deck but as a regular playing card deck.
hmm... I might order it anyway , just in case lol