Top 20 Tarot Book Recommendations!

3ill.yazi

Not too entirely derail this thread, but I had a similar reaction to Dusty White's book, but after listening to some of his podcasts, I think I'm actually going to buy the book. I like his no nonsense approach, and it doesn't come across as BS. He seems like a good teacher and affable guy, in need of a graphic and web designer and secretary.

MandMaud

Reading Tarot turned me into a sexual god years ago, if it hasn't happened to you yet maybe you should learn a few advanced secrets. Or how to speak Na'vi.
What, you needed tarot? :pitying look:
rotflmao

Eeviee

[...]
I have, or have had, most of the books on the list. The ones I've let go are good, but I wasn't going to look at them again and again. As I have a small house and more than 500 books in it already, I have to be selective about what sits around.

I envy your practicality. I just tried to get rid of a handful of books and succomed to keeping them around. "But what if I need it someday!?" -le sigh- Maybe some day.

Eeviee

[...] The problem is always making the next decision between "classics" (I don't allow myself a new book on any particular subject of study until I've thoroughly finished with the current one), and now I can just use your list and work down it. :)
mm

I need to borrow some of your will and drive. haha.
I have the attention span of a goldfish and have a hard time of sticking to one work book! I can read through a book by itself no problem, most days. But if it comes to taking notes/highlighting and certainly any book-work I am doomed. I am currently in the middle of two work books, hoping to force myself through them. Tarot 101 for home and Learning the Tarot (online) at work.

MandMaud

I need to borrow some of your will and drive. haha.
I have the attention span of a goldfish and have a hard time of sticking to one work book!
Oh, me too! But I have the income of a goldfish too and haven't bought new books (except once or twice, usually for other people's birthdays) for several years - I love charity shops and AbeBooks. Besides, it used to depress me to have a six-foot pile of books left over from a brief obsession...

I can read through a book by itself no problem, most days. But if it comes to taking notes/highlighting and certainly any book-work I am doomed. I am currently in the middle of two work books, hoping to force myself through them. Tarot 101 for home and Learning the Tarot (online) at work.
I'm the other way round, much easier to do one note-take type read at a time, but always running out of bookmarks around the house. ;)

3ill.yazi

I find keeping a Goodreads account helps me keep down the number of books I read at the same time. I can log in and say, whoa, let's whittle that down to under ten before we start a new one.