Thoughts on Professional Tarot by Jette?

Shade

I just got Professional Tarot and I am really enjoying it. I thought her ideas about marketing were excellent, I'm studying marketing in school and have noticed that many tarot readers have no idea how to sell themselves.

I felt that the book was very thorough as far as giving practical, ordered directions. There is plenty of info about setting up vendor accounts with banks, being able to accept credit card payments, and legal issues. I had been worried that it was going to mainly consist of fluffy "do it the way you want to" sections that leave you with a lot of questions.

I liked the sections contributed by Diane Wilkes. I'm a fan of her website and have enjoyed her articles before. She had a lot to say about telephone tarot and tarot ethics.

I would recommend this for anyone who has been todl they should charge for their readings but have no idea where to start.

Melissa`

Bought this book about two hours ago. LOL.
I went for something else.. ended up snatching this one off the shelf. Hopefully I will enjoy it as much as Johnny. I'll add more once I read it.

Blessings,
Amaya
:)

Little Baron

Another one for the list!!!!!

Yaboot

Molly

I just want my name in this thread so I will be notified of any new comments regarding this book; I am definitely interested in purchasing it - I am so thankful for all the people in the tarot community who take the time to review these things and let the rest of us know what to expect! After reading a review on it, I knew I had to have it ;-)

dadsnook2000

Great must-have book

This is a great book to read once and to refer to often. Its not a book for pleasurable reading, but an invaluable sharing of what hard knocks to avoid and what good ideas to incorporate. There is a lot of details that many of would not think of before we encountered them as crises issues. I'd definitely recommend this for anyone thinking of going into tarot reading in any venue. We will all owe this prolific author another debt of gratitude. Dave.

Kissa

new opinions?

hi,

are some new opinions about this book?

sort of bumping this thread ...

kissa

Mimers

I have this book, and it is excellent. Full of very valuable information and a lot of things I would not have thought about.

I reccomend purchasing this book if you are considering reading professionally.

Mimi

Indigo Rose

Excellent book if you are considering reading professionally. Ms Jette covers all the bases, and presents a clear picture of what is involved.

velvetmirage

I just got this book through a trade at another forum and I'm really enjoying it so far. Some of the exercises and hints that she has a wonderful. I've been reading professional for a bit now, but this book will really help give the push that I need to be the success I want to be!