TOADies Anonymous.

Michellehihi

I was also a toadie in the closet but I failed misaribily ( does this word exist in English?). I am looking at my list of decks that I bought in January, and beat me someone: 19 and we are only at the half of the month. Stop me someone.

Michellehihi

In the grand scheme of things I tell myself it's a small indulgence, but I do fear it speaks to larger concerns.
G6 i tell myself the same! Or I say things like "I don't dye my hais so this leaves me money for tarot" or " I don't go out so often so..."
But then I receive my credit card bill and I understans that I have bought toooooooo much.

RavenLuna

I'm still doing well! I received one oracle deck for Christmas, but didn't ask for any for my birthday yesterday. I was tempted a few times, but the desire for new decks is passing. Sometimes I find myself wanting to jump on the bandwagon on here or Instagram, but if I leave it a bit, I don't really want that deck afterall.

I'm enjoying using the decks I really love, and I do still keep a wishlist, but I don't worry about any of them going OOP (at the moment at any rate, I'll probably have a moment of weakness and see you all in the what's the postman bringing thread as soon as I get the next discount code).

Scarlet Woodland

Am trying to decide what my new target should be now that I've finished the total abstenance phase. Before I stopped, I was buying over 10 decks a month, so I guess cutting down to a maximum of 4 per month would be an achievable target. Ideally would like it to be 1 or 2 but one can't expect miracles :D

G6

G6 i tell myself the same! Or I say things like "I don't dye my hais so this leaves me money for tarot" or " I don't go out so often so..."
But then I receive my credit card bill and I understans that I have bought toooooooo much.

It certainly has the potential to be an addictive behavior. I also look at it as an investment, which has paid off. I have learned a lot since I started collecting. I feel like tarot and other forums of divination will be an enduring interest, however should that not hold true, I am fairly certain the financial investment would bring a profit if I decided to seek full market value for my collection. I think the larger concern is about how addictive behaviors show up and why.

3ill.yazi

Well, I fell off the wagon. A shop was selling decks for 30 percent off, and that was just too much to resist.

FLizarraga

Ugh. So far I've fallen off the wagon TWICE. What a beginning.

Temptation was too big, though --two rare decks I wanted, both at rockbottom prices. I blame Nemia for one of them. Yes, YOU, Nemia. You shouldn't have mentioned that there was a German ed of the original Mythic available for cheap. TOADies should help other TOADies.... *sobbing uncontrollably*

Cocobird55

I joined TOADIES on November 20. Until yesterday, I hadn't bought any decks, which is progress for me.

But I succumbed to the new Tarot of Dreams and the Blue Bird Lenormand.

I'm continuing on being a TOADIE. I won't buy another deck until it's time to back the new Robert Place/Rachel Pollak deck on Indigogo.

Padma

I got the Marseilles Cat Deck for myself at Christmas, but only because someone gave me an amazon gift card :) So far, I am not buying anything, and prior to Christmas, had not bought a deck in at least 3 months, so it seems to be working! In fact, I have lately been looking at the decks I do have, and deciding which I could let go of. Progress!

JylliM

Can I join? I admit I have a problem. I must have nearly 60 decks, mostly purchased since last May. That is way more than necessary or affordable.
I do intend to get the new edition of Tarot of Prague when it's available, and if a standard size Rosetta becomes available at a price I can afford (I just ordered the pocket) I'll get that. But No More. Until my birthday in July. To make it a bit easier, I have about three in the mail to look forward to :).