I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

firefrost

In all fairness, since this deck was designed for your friend- it should be what you think she would like best.

Much as I want my own way, I have to agree with this.

tarotlyn

:heart::) oooops...firefrost, the 'multiquote' skipped you somehow...sorry!

Thank you for your vote and your compliments.

I think we are tied up again! YIKES...I want BOTH for the backs...LOL what to do? what to do?

:heart:tarotlyn

*Cough*

Bear In Tree, no contest! }) ;)

No, to be fair you've done a brilliant job with them both, I'm just biased!

tarotlyn

In all fairness, since this deck was designed for your friend- it should be what you think she would like best.

:heart: now a different slant on it :bugeyed:... hmmmm... I just called Gladys and asked her which bear she prefers
brown bears or pandas?

Here is what she said: The Brown bear is her 'totem animal' (she is American Indian)
BUT she feels that after looking at the Panda video (thanks GryffinSong) and finding out that
Pandas are going extinct quickly, and she is worried about the Pandas, and she said that
this is the year for FOCUS on the PANDAS...

...so there we have it...the Panda and the baby for the back... whew! it was a hard choice for me!

...FURTHER:
Since The Brown bear is so dear to her heart (and is her totem animal), I think I should make
that an extra card somehow...maybe as the FIRST introduction card...with the name of the
deck on it, and dedicated to her on it. What do you all think about that?

Much as I want my own way, I have to agree with this.
:heart: firefrost, I will try to work the brown bear into the deck somehow...not to worry, sweeite!

:heart: tarotlyn

Debra

There's a lot of people working to save the pandas, with an international breeding program (they're not particularly fertile). At least 3 zoos have PandaCams! The coolest thing is watching the huge mama panda caring for her "stick of butter"-sized baby.

tarotlyn

:heart: Thanks Debra, for that information on Pandas...

I don't know how, but maybe in some small way (I hope) this deck will help the
Polar and Panda bears keep their homes...I wish it would help anyway!

tarotlyn

Decication card for gladys ???

:heart: ...here is the dedication card I just came up with for Gladys....

Do you think it is all right, everyone?

...I also need to make up that xmas tree, Polar bear card I want to include as well.

Maybe that can be the copyright info card.

Attachments

• DEDICATION.CARD.jpg
    DEDICATION.CARD.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 56

GryffinSong

I'm probably too late to chime in, but with these versions I like the brown bear best. Why? Because the way the tree limbs look on the panda backs looks like chicken feet. It's REALLY weird. That's how I see them every time I bring up the picture.

MoonGypsy

:heart: ...here is the dedication card I just came up with for Gladys....

Do you think it is all right, everyone?

...I also need to make up that xmas tree, Polar bear card I want to include as well.

Maybe that can be the copyright info card.

That is so beautiful! :love: i have tears streaming...

Debra

I'm probably too late to chime in, but with these versions I like the brown bear best. Why? Because the way the tree limbs look on the panda backs looks like chicken feet. It's REALLY weird. That's how I see them every time I bring up the picture.

I'm afraid I have to agree. The tree limbs are spiky and dangerous looking, contrary to the sweetness of the mom & babe. I wonder if they could be cradled in bamboo--that's what they eat!

https://www.google.com/search?q=pan....,cf.osb&fp=91256d2cc3094975&biw=1599&bih=901

MoonGypsy

Oh my gosh, now i see it too.....sorry Lyn!

And as Debra mentioned, the tree limbs also look spiky and dangerous for Momma and baby. i love the idea of bamboo...

More pics:

http://www.google.com/search?q=bamb...ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CEoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=601