Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

mercenary30

I so gotta have this deck.....

Would it be any more inspiration if I sent you some more tea and cookies?

Majecot and I are patiently waiting to plan our road trip over to pick up our decks in person.......

M-Press

Re: I so gotta have this deck.....

mercenary30 said:
Majecot and I are patiently waiting to plan our road trip over to pick up our decks in person.......
Now Chronata, this is what I call REAL ENCOURAGEMENT! Ouaaaaou!!!!
Keep on the work, it totally has a very interesting and unique look!
what ever looks strange, can be fixed at the end...after you'll "learn" your "people" on the way...
:)

Mimers

Hi Chronata,

This deck is coming along so well! I too am looking forward to getting my own copy. Keep up the good work!

Mimi

Majecot

You have been a busy girl while I was away!!!
You keep it up, I can be there in a bout 50 mins with a mocha in hand :D

I cannot wait to have another piece of your beautiful artwok in my hands.

Your artwork is heart and soul!

Ravenswing

...a little proding??

Chronata--

You say you need a bit of encouragement now and again?? :confused:

Well, take a look at this thread's rating: 5 stars :laugh:

Can't get much better than that, can you?? :D

Your concept is so very unique... And I'm not sure which I'm more anxious to see-- the deck or your story. There's lots of decks, but not too many Tarot tales...

Are you going to scan in a layout of your gathering some time soon? I'd really like to see how everyone fits together. Do you have an order figured out or do they just come along?

As an artist myself, I'd like to know a couple of things about the cards themselves... What medium are you using? What size are they?

Lot of questions, I guess. But I'm really taken by your project. Keep at it-- you're doing a marvelous job.

fly well
Raven

Chronata

More cards done!

Hi everyone!

I didn't want to post here again until I had at least two cards to show you all!

(Thanks especially to Ravenswing for giving me that kickstart that I needed this week!)

First up...the Tower.

Originally had some trouble envisioning it...because I just couldn't see a tower anywhere in the ballroom!

But as I worked on other cards and the story began to emerge some more, it was clear exactly where the Tower was, and how it fit in with the rest of the masquerade.

Some interesting facts about this card...

The hapless servant shares my real name.

Poor Toby, the canine protagonist, feels really guilty in this card.

This scene takes place in the exact location that the Hermit so recently vacated...(just after the tiles of the floor shifted again!)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• mmtower.jpg
    mmtower.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 262

lark

Re: More cards done!

Chronata said:
First up...the Tower.
Originally had some trouble envisioning it...because I just couldn't see a tower anywhere in the ballroom!

LOL Chronata....
When I read this I thought ...
Hmmm how about a tall layer cake?
And that's exactly what it was.
Wonderful!!!!

Chronata

allright...this next card is very special to me.

As some of you may know...the Hierophant has been my least favorite tarot card since I started doing my very first readings.

I was only going to block the color in today...but we just started chatting...and suddenly, it was as if Time had stood still, and I was finished! Probably a record.

This is ,I think, the only card I have done so far, that I painted in silence. No TV, or Music. No distractions.

It allowed me to really get to know him...and I can justifiably say that I finally have made peace with the Hierophant.

At first, he was drawn in with a very different costume...after all this is a masquerade, so I was trying to see how far from himself he would go. but he was having none of that.

As you can see...he looks extremely Popeish.

I was also not sure about the two children (acolytes, I think he called them) But he told me that it was important for them to be there.
"They have to carry on the old traditions...
and the even older mysteries"

So I just shut up, and did what he told me.

Hope you like His Holiness, as much as I do...

Attachments

• mmhierophant.jpg
    mmhierophant.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 255

M-Press

Hi Chronata!
i must say that it was very moving to read what you wrote on teh hierophant, your creative process with him, and your "new" relationship, maybe?

But the Tower, the tower REALLY cracked me!!!!! what a wonderful idea, the cake, and sure enough, a cake like this falling, can create real chaos!!!!
keep on...keep on...gets better & better...!
;-)

Major Tom

The Tower is nice, but I half expected to see bits falling off the top of the cake. ;)

I especially like your Heirophant, and am extremely happy to hear that you've made your peace with him. The Heirophant is my soul card you see. ;) He's actually very helpful isn't he? :laugh: I do wonder why we can see the faces of his acolytes?