Harmonious Tarot by Walter Crane

Fulgour

:) Has anyone seen the...

Harmonious Tarot
by Walter Crane

lunakasha

I've only seen a very limited view of the cards, at tarotgarden under "upcoming releases". And also at amazon, a small pic of the box and a couple of cards. It looks very nice....is there another place where we can see more and/or close-ups of the cards???

:) Luna

Annabelle

Luna, I was just thinking the same thing. The Harmonious tarot looks beautiful, from what I can tell in the very few, extraordinarily small scans I've seen from it. I'm very hesitant to buy it until after it is released and more scans (and perhaps some reviews) are available.

But I've noticed that Lo Scarabeo seems to do this with all their decks; before release, very few scans are available.

lunakasha

Annabelle4 said:
Luna, I was just thinking the same thing. The Harmonious tarot looks beautiful, from what I can tell in the very few, extraordinarily small scans I've seen from it. I'm very hesitant to buy it until after it is released and more scans (and perhaps some reviews) are available.

But I've noticed that Lo Scarabeo seems to do this with all their decks; before release, very few scans are available.

YES....very frustrating! I have noticed the same thing with the (soon-to-be-released) 78 Doors and Golden Tarot of Klimt, among others. Again, they look nice from afar, but I really want more information before purchasing.

:) Luna

December Fairy

I tried to find more samples. No luck. But the few you can see are very pretty. Yet another for the wish list. This place can be dangerous. :D

autumn star

Cerulean said:
1. Here:
http://www.houseoftarot.com/product_info.php?products_id=354

2. I gave small links to Walter Crane's work here and the House of Tarot links previously:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=43177&highlight=harmonious+tarot

I liked enough of what I saw to chance a buy...I like Walter Crane's work and found some inexpensive Dover art books...so that's what I'm doing while I wait.

Regards,

Cerulean

thanks for the link Cerulean ..

I had never heard of this deck ... but the artwork that the site shows is really beautiful ... and has a kind of ethereal feel to it :)

Cerulean

A soft story with Flower Fairies, Art Nouveau and Justice as Eight

...a very airy and light-colored palette, very graceful images. The feeling to me is a quality of clear and tender lines.

And please, open the little white pamphlet and begin to read a gentle tribute.

Lady Victoria Woodward is a sweet fiction that introduces the majors, and you can almost picture her in the suggested setting...you needn't read it more than once, but I'm happy to tuck this LWB in my pretty bag for this deck...and have Auntie Victoria guide me again at any time.

Majors are Milanese-Marseilles order where Justice is Eight and Strength is 11. Minors show appropriate Walter Crane images that remind me of the Rider-Waite-Smith images--but Walter Crane's linework has a delicacy...

Oh, I plan to buy some Walter-Crane fanciful illustration books from Dover and other inexpensive reprints...I don't need to know all the stories behind Walter Crane's images. I enjoy the art and like the choice of presentation in the LWB.

Regards,

Cerulean

Cerulean

..*giggles***and with your Rider Waite Smith deck...

Break open your most delicately pretty RWS to compare and prepare for Harmonious smiles.

The Page of Wands (RWS) who stares at a flowering branch has become a floral knight facing the other way, hanging onto a trumpet-shaped flower and trailing leaves--notice the RWS Plumed Knight of Wands is facing a series of pyramids, and the Harmonious Knight of Wands is astride a dancing steed...the RWS Queen of Wands sadly in the Harmonious has lost her cat, but is among a field of flowers. The RWS King of Wands has a salamander and is seated, but there's the same dignity and a vibrant horseman in back of the Harmonious King of Wands.

Some Harmonious cards have RWS touches that make me smile--such as the retreating figure in the Eight of Cups and the interesting bird in the Nine of Pentacles...I see the tarot tribute and a style like Walter Crane, quite nice when I compare the cards.

I'm satisfied that I have something different and yet likeable. I had been quite in affectionate like toward the Thousand and One Nights color palette and beautiful imagery-- but it wasn't always easy to see the faces or detail or tarotlike attribution. This deck has clearer and brighter suit cards to me. I hope all of you who choose it like the art as well!

Cerulean

Rhiamon

this looks like a really beautiful deck, I can't wait until it is released :)