help a noob finding a good deck

gregory

Nadeshda said:
Thank you to all you who have answered :)

I went through all the scans from aeclectic from A to J, and there were a few I liked but were not available in European online shops. From the decks I had seen previously, the decks that captured my attention and that I really like are decks such as the Quest tarot, Tarot of Dreams and Guilded (I'm not sure in which category these fit in).
They are easy enough to buy on line, but not cheap. Most US stores will ship to Portugal. Somerville certainly will, so will Alida.

Scorpion

Nadeshda said:
...the decks that captured my attention and that I really like are decks such as the Quest tarot, Tarot of Dreams and Guilded (I'm not sure in which category these fit in)...
To be honest, I wouldn't have recommended either the Quest or the Dreams any more than I would the Black for someone starting out with Tarot. But you seem to be managing well with the Black.

Of all the ones that you name, I would have said the Gilded is probably best. If I were starting out, that's the one I'd choose. I've found it "does what it says on the tin": gives a clear, concise picture of the situation. I've carried out readings with it where if I'd just said "this card shows X, this card shows Y" it would have been all I needed to say. So much so, that I usually keep it at work and use it for my daily draw. As deck and book sets go, it's not that expensive. If you keep an eye on the trading forum, you might even find someone wanting to sell a copy. Alternatively, what about ebay? You can pick up some bargains there. I doubt you'll get your hands on a Dreams yet - we're all too busy drooling over this latest creation from Ciro to part with it.

Cerulean

is it OK for me to get informations on the cards meanings through Marseille/Rider-Wai

Yes, it is.

I sometimes recommend learntarot.com with Rider Waite style meanings because it's a friendly and free website; or aleph-tarot.com that has an Italian deck that I like very much with undecorated pip cards.

I hope you enjoy one of these sites or recommend one that you like to us.

The tarot you chose has an artist that people seem to like...I hope you are enjoying the deck!

Cerulean