LANGUSTL-TAROT complete

Debra

Ok. In our out-of-date measuring system, that's about

3-1/4" x 6" or
3-5/8" x 6-1/2"

I vote SMALLER. 1/2 inch will not make a big difference in how we SEE the cards, but it does make a big difference in how we HANDLE the cards. We can still see clearly the smaller size but the bigger size is too big for average women's hands!

Gosh, this is exciting! I hope when these are published you will become rich and famous and powerful and have a big party and we'll all come! :D

Langustl

So you think about the 8 X 15 cm as o.k. ?

Debra said:
I hope when these are published you will become rich and famous and powerful and have a big party and we'll all come! :D

Maybe it will be possible to meet some day ;)

Debra

8 cm x 15 cm is a good size!

Tarot Piatnik Wien is also that size. Those are very colorful and complex cards. You can still see everything.

8 x 15: Yes.
Bigger: No.

:p

Langustl

Well, I think, it will take this direction ;)

OnePotato

Hullo Langustl!

Very exciting to reach this point!

I have a suggestion for you...
Consider hand painting white/light blue/grey borders, so that there is some subtle brush stroke visible, and the inner "frame opening" is a hand painted edge, rather than a mechanically perfectly straight one.

I'd also try hand painted numbers or titles. No fonts.

You can compose all of this with the final scans within photoshop.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the final finished deck!

Langustl

Hi OnePotatoe!

Yes, that´s a good idea, thanks. Remembers me to the borders of the Crowley-Deck. I´ll try that ;)

Langustl

Hi OnePotatoe!

I tried painting the frame. It is not the thing, I want. I want to have the paintings as big as possible. The frame has to be a neutral contrast, I think.

This is a card, I tried with the symbols. What do you think. Would you like that?

http://www.tarot.de/forum/upload/194968-kartetest4.jpg

OnePotato

Hi Langustl.

I meant that everything should be the same size as you have it now, but hand done so that there would be a minimal amount of surface texture/color variations in the border, and the inner edge would be slightly wavy, as would come from the hand drawn edge, rather than mechanically straight. The size would be identical.

Overall, it would be virtually the same overall effect that you have now, but I think the subtle surface of a "painted" white border would harmonize (even more) with the main painting. All of your line work within the paintings has a fabulous hand-drawn quality. I think it would be nice to see this in the frame edge, as well.

Langustl

Hi OnePotatoe !

OnePotato said:
All of your line work within the paintings has a fabulous hand-drawn quality. I think it would be nice to see this in the frame edge, as well.

Thanks a lot for that ;) I understood, what you meant. In the moment I think, I will have not-painted frames. But I keep it in my mind. I have a few weeks time left, to think about it and try it again, until the cards will go to print.

Langustl

Hi!

Good news. I´m busy with the last preparations for printing. I have to wait for a EAN-Number to put it on the cover, than everthing can go out to the printshop. This is a professionel card-printer. The deck will get an instruction in German and English. On the cards there will be only symbols, like I showed you before. The card size is 15 X 8 cm. The thickness of the paper will be 350 g/m². That´s a little thicker than the normal cards are, because of the size (normal is 330 g/m²). I have pictures. Hope you like it. And I like to have everything in my hand now ;) .

Back: http://www.tarot.de/forum/upload/195655-kartetest3.jpg
Front: http://www.langustl.de/sonstigefotos/kartetest4.jpg

Please tell me, if you have last thoughts and ideas.
:love: