Difference between 3 of Cups and 4 of Wands?

allibee

The 4 Wands:
There is completion here, the last wall of the building. The 3 Wands are the interim goals, and the 4 is a sense of achievement and completion. There is a real buzz here. Tomorrow may well be another 5 Wands day, but in the meantime just revel in your achievements. It's like a mini World.
There is celebration here, to be sure, but it's not the only aspect.

The 3 Cups I see as something a little less formal than a celebration. To me it's the enjoyment of friendships. A night out at the pub. A Kareoke session :O). An hour long conversation on the phone with your best mate. Shopping with your Mum. etc, etc.

Just my humble opinion

A.

jema

from todays journal post

for me it is simply:

Cups= Water= Emotions - i feel jubilant and life is lush and i wish cheer and good time for everyone.

Wands= Fire= Passion - I do, I make life good, I have reached the peak, I invite others to share my fortune.

Cups are always more passive - sensing then wands.
3 of cups are almost undeserved happiness. Life is sharing it's abundance with me.
All I have to do is to stay open for it - learning to receive.

3 cups was my daily card today:)
and so far this day has actually been a lot about nurturing others (making coffee, baking, cooking etc) - not as passive as i thought...

WhiteWizzard

Hedera said:
I just realized that my general impression of these two cards is awfully similar: joy, celebration, festivities, a group of people having a party....
The party feels a bit more organized in the 4 of Wands than it usually does in the 3 of Cups, but that's about the only real difference I can come up with.

Also, I have a hard time integrating the suits' qualities with the meanings of the cards.

Any thoughts?
3 of cups= exuberance celebrations finding new friends, working with a group of like minded people. 4 of wands= being relieved and celebrating, having escaped an unhappy or oppressive situation. Or generally celebrating a milestone, after passing through hard times.