Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Tibor

Large iridescent glitter Illuminated Tarot

I know there is a lot of work that goes into making this deck and Carol is an amazing artist and this deck is highly praised on Aeclectic but I have to say that my initial positive reaction to it turned rather negative as I gradually found myself unable to read with it due to its business of glitter and maybe even the colours. I love the presentation of the deck but for me it has to read well which it didn't. I also had problems with the slippery lamination that was used for this deck. Since then I realised that I prefer my Rider Waite decks to be crisp clean and more muted. I'm sorry folks but I really regretted spending all that money on a deck I don't use :(

Frank S

Hexen2.0...Can't read with this deck at all! :(

Even if it wasn't a tarot you'd be hard pushed to make sense of it all... collectors-only deck, I think...

See here...

...But for me, visually anyway, the Dion Fortune Tarot; if it wasn't for the fact that it was a tenner new it would still be on Watkins' shelf...

Frank.

Aurora369

Dark Fairytale Tarot...could not connect with it, but I managed to find a new home for it with a friend.

The images were a bit confusing and the LWB just did not do it for me either. Needed a longer more fully written book.

Yineth

1JJ Swiss - I wish I never made the bid for it. I guess I'm not used to non-scenic minors and the Wands and Swords look near identical. It's just sitting in my Tarot drawer stinking of mildew : /

EmiRob

"Visconti di Modrone Tarot"... but the original one painted on gold foils!!!
:)

Cara

great thread!

Liber T - tossed the pips (found them too disturbing, although I know much of it is symbolism...I just didn't want to look at them again...ever) and kept the trumps and courts. I feel a strange energy working with the trumps though, like they're angry that I separated them or something! So, they just sit waiting on my shelf until we can get along.

Quest - too metallic and cold for me, can't connect

Olympus - beautiful artwork, but the cards just don't make sense to me! I purchased the Tarot of Casanova (just for fun, not readings) from the same artist and thought the Olympus could be used for actual readings...but I feel it's a deck that's all over the place!

Ludy Lescot - also beautiful, but general theme was too depressing for me.

OctoberGwen

I know there is a lot of work that goes into making this deck and Carol is an amazing artist and this deck is highly praised on Aeclectic but I have to say that my initial positive reaction to it turned rather negative as I gradually found myself unable to read with it due to its business of glitter and maybe even the colours. I love the presentation of the deck but for me it has to read well which it didn't. I also had problems with the slippery lamination that was used for this deck. Since then I realised that I prefer my Rider Waite decks to be crisp clean and more muted. I'm sorry folks but I really regretted spending all that money on a deck I don't use :(

I'm very grateful that I never jumped on that particular train.

I can't think of any more deck purchases I regret. I must be finally learning some self control. ;)

karenquilter

Herbal Tarot
Bohemian Gothic
Vargo Gothic
Klimt
Lord of the Rings
Connelly
Tarot of the Four Elements
Animals Divine
Art Nouveau Tarot (Myers)
Hermetic

All sold, traded or given away. Too many decks out there to waste time on ones that don't click with you.
K

moonbear

DruidCraft.

I've really really tried to like it. Especially as I chose it myself after a long search for a pagan deck.

But the people in it just put me off. From The Fool with his daft expression and hat, to the Queen of Wands and her flat, elongated cat. The people are either fierce and wild or they look drunk (Three of Cups). I also struggle with The Devil card.

Such a shame as there are many pros in the deck's favour.....a beautiful Moon card and lots of others, but tattoes, hair braids and earnest hefty women driving chariots..? Nope, it's not for me.

karen0205

my updated "Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?" list, lol
It's disappointing to see one on line and when you get it find out
it's just not up to your expectations.

Herbal Tarot
Crystal Visions Tarot
William Blake
Dragon Tarot