Past, Present, Possible Futures...

SteveGlick

First of all, I appoligize if this spread or something like it has been done, due to the fact that there are about 600 threads here, I didnt have the time to look through all of them. :)
Here is a spread I came up with a little while ago, I have been using it with thus awsome results. It can be a little abigious at first, but once you get the hang of it, it works wonders... I would say this is a little bit more of an advanced spread because it part of it leaves quite a bit up to the intuition.
This spread was created due to my views on Fate vs. Free Will. I personaly belive that we are effected by both at all times, and no one has complete Free will nor a complete Fate. Based on this the standard Past Present Future I didnt belive was adiquate enough to represent this, so here it goes..

in spot one, you put the Past card. Spot 2 is present. Both of hich are pretty self expanitory.

cards 3, 4 and 5 are actions.
What can you do in this situation? Something of an intermediary between the present and the future

and cards 6 7 and 8 are the outcomes.
So if you follow the action to the left of the outcome card, this is what will happen.

The Acction cards are the ones that bring the abiguity to the reading. Honestly, they are hard to interprate at first, but after thinking about them for a while for each of the spreads I have done like this, they always end up making sence.

If you like, of course, you could add more Action-Outcome cards for it, but I find 3 is usualy just enough for whatever im reading about.

Enjoy, and let me know how it works out for you..

Imagemaker

This is like a decision spread I've done, though I've only used 2 actions, not 3.

. . . 4 . . . . . 6
. . . . 3 . . . 5
. . . . . . 2
. . . . . . 1

1. roots of the situation
2. current situation
3. one action in response to 2
4. outcome of 3
5. second choice of action
6. outcome of 5

I do this with a specific situation in mind. Past and present seem too big. And I like the idea of adding a third branch of choices. Will try it!

Pipistrelle

Both of those spreads look very interesting - thank you for posting them. I'm going to note them down in my journal... :)

I definitely like the idea of being able to weigh up the potential consequences of different actions.

Pip