why the pendulum lies?

upawell

This thread has been very helpful.

A question for those that read/have read for others: Let's say you have three people who each have three questions. Do you cleanse your pendulum for each new person?

Would love to hear what others do, and their cleansing method(s).

SunChariot

I think pendulums seem to favor some of us more than others, but not so sure it's the pendulum. Different divination methods, for whatever reason, may just work better for some, no matter what we do.
I was using a pendulum, asked a question and time after time after time, I got that something wouldn't happen, this person would not visit and oh yes they did and stayed forever, well, it seemed forever. I was careful how I did, the method, everything. Then I realized just like tarot and other oracles, some may work better for some than others. It is perhaps about us, not the pendulum. Like saying certain decks read well for us, we are doing the reading. It is something in us. That's how I feel about pendulums and most other divinatory items.

Yep that is pretty much my belief on it. We are all different inside. Some divination tools come easier to some of each of us than others, exactly as different decks work differently for each of us.

I tried to learn the pendulum for almost a year. I was never personally able to master it. Or get it to really work for me. And yet crystal balls worked for me almost immediately.

I personally finally gave pendulums up and accepted they were not a took that worked well for me. That may or may not be the same thing with you. But I do believe we each have varying aptitudes learning more towards some tools than others.

Also, I tend to believe that spiritual tools tend to not like to be tested. Eg the Maybe to your name may have been the pendulums way of saying that it did not want to answer. so would not give a yes or a no.

That is my belief that divination runs on faith and you have to let go and trust it to work and when we try to test it, it tends to not want to answer.

I wouldn't say it was lying. Just that as a tool right now the two or you are not working in tandem well together.

Babs

upawell

All very true!

That's where I'm currently at: trying to figure out if the pendulum and I can work together. My work at the moment is focused on being able to be completely detached, yet still being connected enough to do an accurate read.

Starri Knytes

Looks like you've received a lot of great advice here.

I have a couple of pendulums and a third on the way. I programming each when they arrive. First showing it what I want it to do for a 'yes' 'no' and 'maybe' answers. Then I hold my pendulum close to my mouth and breathe onto it as I tell it what I expected of it. I tell it that I expect the absolute truth and knowledge gained only from my higher self. Then I name my new instrument and let my first question to it be whether or not it likes it's name. Then I clear it by touching the point of the crystal to my hand. Again I hold it near my mouth and tell it that I expect the absolute truth gained from my higher self and ask a simple question that I know the answer to. I repeat this process 3 times. If my pendulum is not responding I cup my free hand under the pendulum, careful not to let the crystal come into contact with my skin and I ask my question again. If it's response is weak I say, louder please or something similar.

My pendulums are very accurate in the short term. I prefer other methods for looking into the future.

I hope you and your pendulum find a way to connect.

Starri Knytes

Also, I tend to believe that spiritual tools tend to not like to be tested. Eg the Maybe to your name may have been the pendulums way of saying that it did not want to answer. so would not give a yes or a no.

That is my belief that divination runs on faith and you have to let go and trust it to work and when we try to test it, it tends to not want to answer.

I wouldn't say it was lying. Just that as a tool right now the two or you are not working in tandem well together.

Babs

Names are tricky things. I for instance, have a birth name, a married name, a nickname, and a pen name. It may be difficult for a pendulum to discern. If I ask
it if my birth name is my name, but feel that my nickname or pen name better represents who I am at that moment in time the pendulum might indeed say that my given name is not who I am. Do you see what I mean?
Perhaps it's not a failing on the part of the pendulum, but rather we who fail to understand. ;)

upawell

Looks like you've received a lot of great advice here.

I have a couple of pendulums and a third on the way. I programming each when they arrive. First showing it what I want it to do for a 'yes' 'no' and 'maybe' answers. Then I hold my pendulum close to my mouth and breathe onto it as I tell it what I expected of it. I tell it that I expect the absolute truth and knowledge gained only from my higher self. Then I name my new instrument and let my first question to it be whether or not it likes it's name. Then I clear it by touching the point of the crystal to my hand. Again I hold it near my mouth and tell it that I expect the absolute truth gained from my higher self and ask a simple question that I know the answer to. I repeat this process 3 times. If my pendulum is not responding I cup my free hand under the pendulum, careful not to let the crystal come into contact with my skin and I ask my question again. If it's response is weak I say, louder please or something similar.

My pendulums are very accurate in the short term. I prefer other methods for looking into the future.

I hope you and your pendulum find a way to connect.

Interesting, Starri. I like how you name yours.

I find I do tend to converse with my pendulum. I ask permission before doing a reading, making sure it is ready to 'talk'. I also thank it and if a reading seems to go on for a long time, I check in to see if it's okay to continue or if it needs a rest.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!