Deck of the Week Signup Thread - Week 32 - March 10th - March 17th

Karmagoth

Welcome back NikkiB, hope you had a great time :)

jema

AJ has indicated that she does not want to set up an exchange...
Feel free to sneak into the other exchange circle :)
Have you picked this week's deck(s) yet?

I tried to do that but no luck. I will just do the readings on Facebook for now. Seems to work better for me there. I got a feeling i need to work on my people-skills over here :p

AJ

Jema, we can exchange readings, I'm just never going to embarass myself on the group thread again :)
If you go away I'll come kick your (Y) :)

Eyebright

Welcome back Nikki, and get well soon Chiska!

Mary-El is going well so far...reading completely intuitively atm as I haven't even scratched the surface on the symbolism incorporated into the deck!

Cat*

I tried to do that but no luck. I will just do the readings on Facebook for now. Seems to work better for me there. I got a feeling i need to work on my people-skills over here :p
Jema, we can exchange readings, I'm just never going to embarass myself on the group thread again :)
If you go away I'll come kick your (Y) :)
I'll kick both of your butts if you keep up with that kind of talk! :)

Jema, I think your people skills are fine. Maybe other people need to work on theirs?

AJ, your reading skills are also fine! None of us is going to laugh about you on the group thread, okay? After all, we're all trying out new decks and new approaches and stuff, so we're all in the same boat here, aren't we? (Don't make me look up your old posts to see what on earth you may be referring to here! ;))

Please? Join us over in the reading thread? :love:

Karmagoth

I'll kick both of your butts if you keep up with that kind of talk! :)

Jema, I think your people skills are fine. Maybe other people need to work on theirs?

AJ, your reading skills are also fine! None of us is going to laugh about you on the group thread, okay? After all, we're all trying out new decks and new approaches and stuff, so we're all in the same boat here, aren't we? (Don't make me look up your old posts to see what on earth you may be referring to here! ;))

Please? Join us over in the reading thread? :love:

Agree completely!

Jema, my people skills are horrendous (just ask all the friends I haven't got!) but I don't think I've upset anyone here yet.... (correct me asap if I'm wrong someone please!)

And AJ? Have you read my daily draws? I'm hopeless and I haven't been laughed at once (at least not out loud - or in writing) :D :D

Penthasilia

Alchemical tarot

So I have been sick all weekend, but feeling better tonight. I laid out a spread with the Alchemical on Saturday- but just looked at it today with fresh eyes.

This was a deck that I have had for a while but could never get into. The symbolism seemed wonky and the cards left me cold. I put it away, not really planning on using it again- but this thread seemed a good way to re-visit old decks that were unloved on the shelf- I am going alphabetically, so the Alchemical was first on the list.

There is a spread in the book looking at cards for each chakra level- to determine where/what blocks are occurring in each. The reading was very clear, and very enlightening, with a total of 7 cards. I decided to pick two more to go with it- with the clear question of what will this particular deck do to help me in my spiritual journey. I will be posting these on the daily draw thread.

So far so good- I think I will take the rest of the week to just study the deck itself, really looking at the images and trying to interpret the symbols (which are not very clearly laid out in the old book- hopefully they will be more integrated in the new one that was just completed). But I am glad I picked this deck back up- what was once an "eh" deck has now become a solid one that I would chose for readings. Not my primary go-to deck, but one that definitely I would feel comfortable pulling out if the occasion presented itself.

:)

((((Chiska)))) Hope you feel better soon.

Mi-Shell

GaianTarot

I had this deck on my wish list for ages. Now, when I look at it I am wondering: What was I thinking!!??
-Well, it was back in the time, when I was on strict dial up and could not look at scans of decks or load the web sites of deck creators. :(
Yesterday I looked through the cards, and honestly, there are just 25 cards I like and from these only 3 I really like....
So many others are - what I feel as being "tacky" or "kitsch".
Today I did not dare to use it for a reading for a client... It just did not feel right at all.
Now I am curious to find out how this week will develop.

BodhiSeed

I had this deck on my wish list for ages. Now, when I look at it I am wondering: What was I thinking!!??
-Well, it was back in the time, when I was on strict dial up and could not look at scans of decks or load the web sites of deck creators. :(
Yesterday I looked through the cards, and honestly, there are just 25 cards I like and from these only 3 I really like....
So many others are - what I feel as being "tacky" or "kitsch".
Today I did not dare to use it for a reading for a client... It just did not feel right at all.
Now I am curious to find out how this week will develop.

Mi-Shell, AJ trimmed hers and used them as an oracle. You might check out her blog for some examples.

AJ

But I am glad I picked this deck back up- what was once an "eh" deck has now become a solid one that I would chose for readings. Not my primary go-to deck, but one that definitely I would feel comfortable pulling out if the occasion presented itself..

Penthasilia, I think some decks we just have to grow into to learn to appreciate. And with such a plethora of decks available too us it's really easy to just not bother.

Mi-Shell, I loved the Gaian once I turned it into an oracle. It is too personal to function as a working everyday tarot, and too area specific to appeal to some. I happen to live in the same area as the artist so it all looks like home to me. I would never have bought it though, it came to me in a swap.