Dream pillows?

.traveller.

Has anyone had any experience with these? I bought one and I'm not sure what it is good for. Does it just help with sleep or does it stimulate dreams too? Would you say that the dreams increase in quality and quantity, or just quantity?
It has helped me to sleep better and I have been dreaming more... but I don't have a feel for the relative import of the dreams like I usually do.
What sort of herbs go into a dream pillow anyway? This one has a powerful scent. I'm sort of wondering if I am having herbal hallucinations.

Viper_05

where did u get this from?

.traveller.

I don't remember where I bought it, but it is made by Sage Spirit. I've always liked their incense (no headaches!) so I thought I would try their other products. If you Google "Sage Spirit" you'll pull up a bunch of sites. I imagine metaphysical shops will carry them as well. I haven't checked my local store because I can never get down there during their business hours.

The pillow has definitely helped me sleep better but I am wondering whether it is messing with my dreams. Do I bother interpreting them or not, I'm not sure.

willowfox

Dream pillows promote a better and deeper sleep, and with a deeper sleep comes more lucid dreams.

I believe the main ingredients are herbs such as lavender and rose petals.

Somnilocus

They're just meant to help you relax and have a peaceful, deeper sleep. Most contain lavendar, hops, lemon grass, mugwart, and chamomile. There are of course "magickal" properties and such to the herbs as well which you may or may not be interested in...:]

BodhiSeed

These are very easy to make yourself - if I can sew them anyone can! Just get some silky, soft material that feels good to the skin (nothing too thick - no polarfleece). The amount of material depends on how large you want the bag; I usually get a piece about 9 inches by 8 inches and fold it in half (inside out), then sew up two sides. Turn it right side out to fill. I use flax seed and lavender buds (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of seed and 1 Tablespoon of buds). These I've found at health food stores. Once it's filled, sew up the third side, then lay back and relax! I made these for my women's group when we were studying restorative yoga and they went over well. I keep mine in wrapped in a plastic bag in the freezer for when a migraine strikes.

Bodhran

Briar Rose

I have 2 eye pillows.

Also, if you want to dream try mixing these teas:

peppermint
chamomile
strawberry

teas

It's an old Victorian recipe.

.traveller.

Awesome! Thank you all for your replies, especially for the recipies :D

My pillow smells like it might have tobacco leaf in it, as well as a few things I can't identify. I can smell the hops and lavender too.

Kyrielle

I've heard there are certain herbs you should not use in dream pillows because they tend to cause nightmares rather than pleasant dreams. The only ones I have heard of via others' experiences are tansy and French marigold, although doubtless there are others. Maybe your pillow contains one of these. If you have allergies to grasses or ragweed, use caution when including chamomile. One of my dream pillows contains pine needles, which smell wonderful, and rose, which I can't smell at all. I like plain lavender best. The most common added herbs I have seen are mugwort and sweet hops. I have a little book called "Making Herbal Dream Pillows" by Jim Long (ISBN 1-58017-075-7) that has instructions for making the pillows and recipes for what to put in them, depending on what kind of dreams you want to have -- relaxing, romantic, creative, and so on.