RWS Original classic back ???

Laura Borealis

You have to be careful though. Sellers may cite the copyright date 1971, but the printing may be much newer. Look for the USG copyright on the faces of the cards, at the lower right corner. I don't remember when they started putting that there, but I think it was in the 1980s, so if it's present it won't be one of the decks actually printed in the 1970s.

rwcarter

http://img1.etsystatic.com/030/0/5756643/il_570xN.554973355_gs5x.jpg

These are the faces of the cards but do they have the copyright you mention?

Yes, they have the copyrights in the lower right corner of the card. Only way I've been able to figure out whether a deck will have copyrights is by the printing number in the LWB (assuming there's one with the deck and it's the one that came with the deck) - copyrights appeared on decks that accompanied the 17th printing of the LWB. 16th printing and earlier shouldn't have copyrights on the cards.

There are also certain addresses on the box that correspond to no copyrights. But there is one address that crosses the copyright line. Anything with a Stamford CT address will definitely have a copyright on it IIRC.

Rodney

Thoughtful

Thank you Rodney l am sure that Tahvoon will read this at some point and tell us what he thinks :)

Abrac

If I understand the original poster, he/she wants an Original Rider Waite Pack with tarotee backs. I don't think any such thing exists.