Spread For a Broken Heart?

MercyMe

Hi all,

I'm looking for a spread that could assist someone dealing with a broken heart. The relationship spreads don't really help because in this case the two people aren't even speaking and my friend really wants to move on, she's just finding it really, really difficult. I looked at the "Moving On" spread, but that didn't exactly address the healing aspect needed and what to focus on and how to help oneself move on.

Any suggestions?

~Mercy

snowy25

If none of the spreads on AT will do for you, you could also disign your own.
Maybe ajust an existing spread you can find or you can find out what it is your friend wants to know.

This one I made from the Fey tarot/ 9 of Swords and is called The way out/ improvement.

1. The issue/ What is bothering your friend
2. The feelings/ What your friend is dealing with right now/ What's inside
3. Advise/ The way out/ improvement/ The way your friend can go on with her life.

It could be a start to see what's most important for her to work on and what she's dealing with.

Good luck

Snowy25

MercyMe

Working on it

I'm working on a spread, but I think it's turning out to be pretty much an issue or problem solving spread. I'd kind of like suggestions regarding this.

xxxxxxxxx 10 xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx 8 xx 9 xxxxxxxxxx
x 5 xx 4 x1-2x 6 xx 7xxxx
xxxxxxxxxx 3 xxxxxxxxxxx

I have started out with the first card as the Querant and the second card is the main issue that has the Querant stuck crossing the first card. Then I have: 3) Your desired outcome 4)1st obstacle that keeps you stuck 5) How to move past that obstacle 6) 2nd obstacle 7) How to move past it 8)What you need now 9)How to get what you need and 10) Outcome

I did the spread a couple times and it flows pretty well, I think. I like the moving upwards as a feeling of getting free from what is bogging the Querant down. But I keep feeling like I'm not addressing the idea of being heartbroken.
~Mercy

Hazel

Healing and Moving On

I've read that sometimes just allowing yourself to grieve without even trying to move on can, paradoxically, be very conducive to healing and moving on.

A favorite philosopher/writer of mine, Thomas Moore, talks about this in his book called "Care of the Soul." He says that the intellect always wants to "fix" /heal things, while the soul may actually need something very different.

You might try a reading that asks "What are some soul-ful ways that my friend can deal with this heartbreak?"

snowy25

MercyMe said:
I'm working on a spread, but I think it's turning out to be pretty much an issue or problem solving spread. I'd kind of like suggestions regarding this.

xxxxxxxxx 10 xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx 8 xx 9 xxxxxxxxxx
x 5 xx 4 x1-2x 6 xx 7xxxx
xxxxxxxxxx 3 xxxxxxxxxxx

I have started out with the first card as the Querant and the second card is the main issue that has the Querant stuck crossing the first card. Then I have: 3) Your desired outcome 4)1st obstacle that keeps you stuck 5) How to move past that obstacle 6) 2nd obstacle 7) How to move past it 8)What you need now 9)How to get what you need and 10) Outcome

I did the spread a couple times and it flows pretty well, I think. I like the moving upwards as a feeling of getting free from what is bogging the Querant down. But I keep feeling like I'm not addressing the idea of being heartbroken.
~Mercy

The way I see it is that the obstacle positions in your spread could alsow be used for her feelings of being heartbroken.
And 8. what you need now is a wonderfull adition.
Ofcourse you know her better then I do but from my perspective you can use this spread for it espesially if it flows so well for you.

The advice of Hazel is alsow tru.
My opinion about it is that if your friend needs to grieve it will show in the spread you choose for her.

I hope this spreads some light for you.

Snowy25

MercyMe

Need to grieve

I agree. Grieving is a process that most of us want to rush through and the harder we try the more stymied we get. Accepting and sitting with the sadness actually helps the process better than trying to fight it or "fix" it. I think I'll tweak that spread to include some aspect of sitting with the grief.

Thanks so much for the input!

~Mercy