Saturn Spread

rachelcat

Coincidences . . .

This is so odd!

I was just trying to think of spread meanings for the magic (Saturn) square two weeks ago. (I had some convoluted ideas but nothing decided upon. I'll have to dig up my notes.) I remember I was doing three groups of three, but instead of rows and columns, divided by 123, 456, 789. That way, every group was represented in every row and column, but in a more convoluted way!!

AND I just posted a thread wondering about how to order the planets!

I guess great minds think alike!

Serpenta, how did you come up with the order of the planets you used?

SerpentaAzothi

Hello Rachelcat, thats very interesting what your saying, I used the chaldean numerology system.

1-sun
2-moon
3-jupiter
4-uranus
5-mercury
6-venus
7-neptune
8-saturn
9-mars/pluto

What I wrote in the previous post is whats above, same meaning.

Does that help?

Serpenta

The Hanged Man

Hi Serpenta,

I was wondering what you meant about a Chaldean numerology system.

The 'Chaldean order' of the planets is as follows: Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury and the Moon. The outer planets were not figured into the Chaldean system.

DawnsLight

I dont have really anything to 'add' per say, but I am realllly finding this thread interesting! It's interesting how all of these things 'connect' the way that they do. Really makes the mind wonder!

rachelcat

The Hanged Man said:
The 'Chaldean order' of the planets is as follows: Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury and the Moon. The outer planets were not figured into the Chaldean system.

Hi, all. Here's an interim report on my researches on planetary order.

According to a really cool site, Dante Worlds, http://danteworlds.laits.utexas.edu/paradiso/index.html
this is the Ptolemaic order, from the farthest to closest to Earth in the Ptolemaic system.

This must be a very popular, well-known order, because not only is the order in Paradiso, it is also the one in the Mantenga Tarot and common Kabbalah Tree of Life attributions. All three of these are based on 10 celestial spheres, so here's the entire list (closest to Earth out).

Moon
Mercury
Venus
Sun
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Fixed Stars (the zodiac belt, Mantenga--"Eighth Sphere")
Primum Mobile (habitat of angels that move the other spheres?)
Empyrean (heaven, home of God and the saints? Mantenga--"Prime Cause")

In the Tree of Life, Moon is sephiroth number 9 and 10 is Earth, so there is no Empyrean/Prime Cause on the Tree. I guess it can be equated with "Ain Sof."

Now to dive into the Chaldean system! Thanks for the link! (I think Fulgour might have something to say about things Chaldean, too.)

SerpentaAzothi

Hi Rachel, your welcome for the link, I hope you learn a lot there, I also recommend the Stars Signs book by Linda Goodman.

Hope your studies grow, its a fascinating form of numerology.

Serpenta