21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step SEVEN

Verdi

21 ways step seven

DruidCraft.

This was a big lesson, but a good one. I will be adding to notes continually after this to my journal. So many good posts to read and learn from.

Page of Pentacles
Rank: Page; beginnings, starting out, taking risks, serving.
Element: Earth (in relation to Page): Practical, sensuous, risk taking, possessive, productive, learning skills, the body,
Mode: Who is this? Which person?

Page of Pentacles is about beginning to seeking new knowledge, experience and skills, and taking risks to do so. It is about being open and vulnerable, an inner child with potential to develop. Discovering the body and trying it out. It is about being open to new emotions in security and safeness. Is willing to serve others whilst learning. Is a messenger of information, willing to talk. Starting out to study and learn. Looking for solutions to problems.

Eight of Swords
Rank: Number; Re-generation, re-ordering, process, adjustment
Element: Air: Mental, logical, rational, communicative, fair, clever, nervous, impersonal
Mode: What is happening? What is going on? What is the situation?

Eight of Swords is about being bounded, blocked and lacking energy, regeneration of the values that bound will set free. It is about accepting error and re-evaluating the direction one has chosen. It is about having control and being efficient, though not letting this be regimental and stifling. It is about being overwhelmed by the situation, a hopelessness that must be resolutely driven back or confronted. Acknowledging the need for help.

The Wheel
Rank: Major, 10’s. Completion, transformation, new cycles, new beginnings, luck, karma, change
Element: fire, new idea or inspiration, renewal, transformation.
Mode: The lessons to be learned. Uncovering the why

The Wheel is about renewal, gaining experiences to adapt to change, and having the resources to tackle shifts in fortune. Completion has come around. Turning this around. Change can come suddenly. Taking responsibilities. Realizing changes are continual. Adapting to renewal and change. Being prepared. Reaping rewards from opportunities. Altering course of action according to situations. Seeing the patterns and cycles in one life. Using what luck brings.

The Ace of Cups
Rank: Number ones, potential newness, emergence, seed, activation
Element: Water; emotions, nurturing, receptive, sustaining, feeling, empathic,
Mode: where, sphere of action, domain, arena, boundary, realm

Ace of Cups is a potential for love and desire. The beginning of something new. Being inspired. Using the power of newness. Stimulating ideas. Drawing on energy. Being stimulated to achievement. Being open to new relationships. Energetic feelings. Giving love to nurture beginnings. Feeling good. Being receptive to love and nurturing. Keeping focus on possible relationships. Showing intent.

The High Priestess
Element: water; receptive, sustaining, feeling, empathic, merging, flowing, yielding, secretive
Mode: The lessons to be learned. Uncovering the why

The high priestess is about choosing higher truth and reflection. Using intuition. Seeking guidance from the inner self. Being receptive to dreams and the unconscious. Opening oneself to the wholeness of the world. Discovering the inner self. Having a dialog with your spirit. Communicating with the other world. Sensing the secret and hidden. Joining the mind body and spirit in wholeness. Seeing the potential in ones self. Choosing the more enlightened path of self discovery. Keeping oneself in balance and harmony. Patiently waiting for inner truths. A flowing of communication between spirit, mind and body. Yielding to influences not yet identified, but intuitively understood as good and wholesome. Sustaining the spirit though communication with oneself.

The statement that means most to me right now is: “Discovering the inner self.” I suppose that means being able to be more receptive to my unconsciousness. I want to get the intuition flowing in me, and be more trusting of it. This is why I chose this card.

This was hard. Perhaps my tale was more of a description that statements of mind, body and spirit. However there was a reoccurring theme in my tale.
*To hear wisdom.
*To get to the substance
I seem to be very into being the king of swords here: cutting through and only wanting to hear wisdom. Though this was wisdom of inner truths. My story was I believe descriptive of a unclear, moony type. I got a feeling I’m trying to synthesize my need for clarity and need for letting go into my unconsciousness..
Verdi :)

Princess Judy

21 Ways - Step Seven: Ten of Coins (Golden Tarot)

PAGE OF PENTACLES
rank: page - messenger, student or apprentice, young person, beginning/study/learn, undeveloped potential
suit: coins
element: earth (physical, like work, career, health etc)
mode:page is a court card and tells about who, or a personality aspect, sometimes event
The page of pentacles is about preparing yourself for your career or starting to work on your career or another, specific project.
The page of pentacles is about starting a NEW career/job or project.
The page of pentacles can also be about learning or doing something new, or starting with a new study, or going to a new school.
The page could also be a young person, like a student, or someone who just started out in a new career. It could also just be a young and practical person, or someone who is starting to learn to be more practical, how to study, or how to take good care of him or herself. It could be someone who just started a physical practice, meaning, subscribed to the gym, or just started jogging or walking in the park for short times or decided to eat better.
It even could be about a person who has just decided/deciding to get a massage or going to the sauna, perhaps for the first time in your life.
The Page of Coins from my Golden Tarot, could also be someone who donates some money (and hasn't done this very often), or buying something for yourself. It could also be about starting saving or learning how to take care of your finances.
It could also be someone who just received his/her first salary, or received some money from a new source.

WOW, I totally didn't expect there could be so much meanings to this card besides the one I always give to it!

Princess Judy

7.1.1 EIGHT OF WANDS

- number card: is about an event or situation, about what's going on
- suit/element wands/fire: is about passion, ideas, energy, action/speed, inspiration, creativity
- number eight: eights are about hard work, serious, business/career, serious business, spirituality, control, discipline (the eight to me in general feels heavy and serious)

The meaning I usually give to this card is: receiving messages or news (through phone, real life conversations, e- or snailmail), things are (suddenly) going quicker/speeding up and coming to an end, getting lots of good ideas/inspiration, keeping your mind open for different ideas, keeping your ears open for different opportunities and discover which of them you really like, opportunities, yielding results quickly, so it's full of action and movement.
(Funnily enough, just as I was reviewing this card, someone called me and had a work opportunity for me! It really wasn't my thing though, but talking about serendipity...)

Now, if I'd do this in this 7th way, what would come of it?
- Business opportunities are falling in your lap
- Business goes through rapid growth
- Getting lots of (8?) good ideas
- Getting some serious action...
- Passionately working on your career
- Your career gets a tremendous boost because of lots of inspirational flashes
- New ways of thinking and creative ideas brings new life to your career
- A creative business opportunity is heading your way
- Rapid spiritual growth
- Some kind of spiritual breakthrough
- Everything falls into place
- Using discipline to channel (creative) ideas
- Using discipline to channel (creatie) ideas will yield (rapid) results
- Lots of ideas, you need to choose one

O man, I see I totally picked the wrong card. It should have been eight of SWORDS... Well, good exercise anyway...

Princess Judy

7.1.1 EIGHT OF SWORDS

- number card: is about an event or situation, about what's going on
- suit/element swords/air: mental - mental activity, intelligence, communication, using your head, distance/overview/objective
- number eight: eights are about hard work, serious, business/career, serious business, spirituality, control, discipline (the eight to me in general feels heavy and serious)

The meaning I usually give to this card is: feeling trapped, no way out.

Now, if I'd do this in this 7th way, what would come of it?
- you're stuck in your way of thinking
- having some very serious thoughts
- having serious things on your mind
- trying to mentally control things (but too much, so you feel stuck...)
- serious communication problems
- not knowing what to say
- mentally knówing you have to get work done, but being too much in your head, so nothing comes of it
- mental overactivity, having too much on your mind, thinking too much
- only able to think in a certain, controled way, not able to let go
- wanting to control everything, thinking things should be a certain way, not seeing other possibilities or other point of views
- dead serious, thinking about serious subjects so much, until you have killed them with your thoughts (which is actually a Dutch expression)
- a dead serious situation
- a dead serious situation you got into by thinking too much
- a dead serious situation that you'll be able to change by using your head (right there on the spot)
- a dead serious situation that you'll be able to go through by using pure will power
- a dead serious situation that you'll be able to change by taking a step back and evaluate the situation, until you have come up with solutions
- getting into a serious situation through misunderstandings
- getting out of a serious situation by learning how to communicate, having a serious conversation
- making a situation harder than it seems by thinking too much of it

Princess Judy

7.1.1 X WHEEL OF FORTUNE

- mode: major arcana - archetypical energy, important life event, important lesson
- number: 10 - conclusion, completion, coming full circle, ending & new beginning
- element: fire - movement, energy, ideas, creativity, inspiration, action, passion

Normally, I consider this card as chances or (exciting) opportunities presenting itself, or karmic consequences (getting what you have set in motion).

- The Wheel of Fortune moves to an ending, just like the World an important chapter in life comes to a close, a new beginning awaits
- Coming up with a major new idea, that will change the course of your life
- Taking a certain action that can change the course of your life
- Changing your life
- Using your creativity to change your life for the better
- Learning how to deal with the situations life is throwing at you
- Learning how to make the best of the situations life is presenting to you, handle them in a positive, inspired and creative way, knowing that they are presented to you for a reason (as a learning opportunity for you to grow)
- Big changes/opportunities presenting themselves, you are the one who decides to use these and jump on the wheel or not
- Things from the past will present themselves to you, you need to complete them.
- You need to complete a certain task, in order to move forward to new horizons/so there'll be room for new opportunities to move into your life
- You get what you've been working on
- Life is a creative process, this is the perfect time for you to create all the opportunities you want

I always felt this card a bit as 'something happening to you, without you being able to do much about it', and usually didn't know what to make of it, but seen like this, it can be seen as much more proactive: you get what you've been working on, you can create opportunities yourself right now or for the future, can choose if you want to take on new opportunities or not, and can choose how you handle the situations that present themselves.

Princess Judy

7.1.1 ACE OF CUPS

- ace: beginnings, new opportunities, suit energy, potential
- one: beginnings, possibilities, wholeness, pure energy
- cups/water: emotional - emotions, feelings, relationships

I usually see this card as feeling good, feeling or being in love.

- An opportunity will presents itself, in which you will meet a new love interest
- You will meet your future lover
- You feel happy and content
- The beginning of a new period full of happiness and emotional fulfillment
- The beginning of a relationship
- Feeling of love emerging in an existent relationship
- Being in love
- Feeling on top of the world, feeling that everything is possible
- An existing relationship will get better/stronger
- Meeting new people, making new friends
- Bettering your relationships
- Learning how to go with the flow, and the feeling of peace and contentment that comes with that
- Feeling one with 'All That Is'
- Feeling connected with everyone and everything

Princess Judy

7.1.2 TEN OF COINS

- number: situation
- coins/earth: physical - money/finances, career/work, body/health/fitness, material, success, home
- 10: completion, community, fulfillment, fruition
- 10 of Coins: coins/earth - money, rewards for accomplishment, manifestation, fruits of labor, career, success, acknowledgement, well being, fulfillment, happiness, harvest, results

- My work has come to completion and now I'm reaping all the benefits.
- I finished my book, it's got published and started to sell all over the world. People appreciate it. Money flows into my life. I feel really content and started working on the next one.
- I absolutely love my job. This is my life purpose.
- I feel fulfilled and succesful in my career.
- The community acknowledges my accomplishments.
- I have been working out for quite some time, taking good care of myself (food & sleep wise, spiritual wise etc), and as a result now have great health, lots of energy and am in top condition.
- I feel fulfilled at home and have developed, loving, solid and thrustworthy relationships. My family and friends support me in all that I do. I feel backed.
- I'm being rewarded for doing what I love to do best, with things like a good income, a new house, appreciation and support from my readers.

All the statements feel true. I especially like the 'I absolutely love my job. This is my life purpose.' I believe the rest (money etc) will come naturally as a result of living my life purpose.
At the moment I'm not fúlly living my dream, but I'm well on the way to that ten card. I still have a lot of work to do though, while keeping in mind that it's the journey itself that's important (I'm not going to wait with feeling happy until I have reached a certain goal).

Starling

Although I didn't actually work through a bunch of cards in any of the steps, doing the steps did change how I saw all the cards, which I think was the whole idea behind the exercise.

I, also, found the entire thing as enlightening as you have. Wonderful stuff, isn't it?

Princess Judy

Indeed, this particular exercise was a lot of work (or I made so, saw that other people had shorter answers), and I'm not even finished yet.
However, it gave me many new insights for my card reading in general, really love it.

Starling

I think each one of us found steps that we really resonated to. I also found that doing the steps that I didn't "like" was good for me. There was only one that I didn't do, and it was because I just could not think of a story that matched the card although I did try for more than a week.