Gilded Tarot Royale

Tibor

I have also just recently received this deck having waited a couple of months after its first release date. I just was not sure if I would be happy with this deck as the online images did not convince me at all and I did not like the original gilded tarot. But I am so glad that I eventually gave in (after reading all the positive reviews) and ordered multiple copies as I knew I would use this deck A LOT :) This deck feels like it is Ciro's tarot masterpiece, his artistic perfection by all means; a breathtakingly beautiful deck that is so rich and deep in symbolism. This deck is all you need as a tarot reader :)

Le Fanu

I :heart: the Gilded Royale and I never expected to!

Tibor

Top Ten Decks Published in 2012:

1. Gilded Tarot Royale

2. Victorian Romantic Tarot 2nd ed

3.???.......

;)

gregory

Trilateral ??? }) (

Seriously - Sacred Sites.

swedishfish612

I think I've been bitten by the deck bug in a major way. I had no business opening this thread, since I didn't love the Gilded, but I'm wild about Legacy of the Divine and decided to have a peek. Darn it, I like the look of this re-imagined Gilded. I couldn't help buying a copy!

And if that wasn't bad enough, I started poking around on the site and ended up buying Oracle of Visions, too! I have no business buying an oracle! I know nothing about oracles! But the images drew me right in and before I knew it, I was sold.

Soooo looking forward to getting these. I'm so curious to see if I'll fall in love with this deck since I didn't with the original Gilded. I still have my copy, so I'm going to do some side-by-side comparisons when the Royale arrives.

inanna_tarot

Drew a card today... the Knight of wands, and it was only at the end of the reading did I notice he was actually the knight of CUPS.
He is dressed in the colours of Fire... his emblem on his horse is the symbol of Fire....
and yet he is the cups.

CONFUSED lol.

Well, next time I'll pay attention to my knights ;)

Winterchild

Royale

Wow... I am not at all keen on the Gilded but I can see from the images on Ciro's site that the Royale is amazing... the images are sooo much richer.... and even the jelly beans aren't quite as bad.... his Lenormand looks lurvely.... ;)

Tibor

Drew a card today... the Knight of wands, and it was only at the end of the reading did I notice he was actually the knight of CUPS.
He is dressed in the colours of Fire... his emblem on his horse is the symbol of Fire....
and yet he is the cups.

CONFUSED lol.

Well, next time I'll pay attention to my knights ;)

Ciro explained his choice of colour for the cups many times. I found it unusual at the beginning until I understood his reasoning. Basically water reflects light and then it looks more orange or golden (probably from the Sun). Also most of his cups are golden cups so when there is water in a golden cup you will see it more golden than blue :) I think that makes sense. I think golden is a great choice for cups since water is naturally transparent (not blue) and it will reflect the light. Think about you on the beach at sunset. Brilliant!! :) :) :) I love this deck!!!

BTW his Suit of Wands is red and it is clearly distinguishable from cups although it may be that you are not used to the deck ;)

inanna_tarot

The colour doesnt bother me (as I understand Ciro's thoughts).. its the triangle being the wrong way round that jars me, but I'll get used to it.
The water triangle should be a downwards pointing triangle, the triangle on the Knight of Cups Horses are those of Fire.