How do you work out Personality, Soul and Year Cards?

rostie

Re: Rostie's cards

thank you very much moongold!!! just a few question next ;)

Do you need any indications of meaning? Greer prefers to call the Hidden Factor Card the Teacher Card for people over 30.

i would love to hear more, more!!!

Just a mater of interest, Rostie, have you ever done the MBTI personality test? Its full name is Myers Briggs Type Indicator. I would be interested to know what your preferences are, just as a correlation.

how can i do this? where? i've never done it, i think...

Something extra that might be of interest to you is the *Karmic Year*. This is the 4 digit base number of your birthdate before reducing. Yours is 2007, not that far off. Greer comments that this year represents a year that especially tests and challenges you.

Let me quote Greer directly:

".......unfinished issues from the past that express soul themes come up in that year, giving you an opportunity to complete them, or at least recognise your task and begin that process.''

very interesting indeed, hmmm, have to think about that...in 2007 i will be only 28, so young and such a task at that age...i think i will be fearfull of failing...still yet four years to go...maybe then i finally will know what i want and what to do with my life ;)

thank you very much!!!

with much of love,
sara.

Nao

confused...

hello...i've always known about the personality cards and the year cards, but this soul and hidden factor card is completely new to me. it's kind of throwing me off at the moment. =\

let's see...my birthday is 01/06/1978 which adds up to 23 = 5 and my personality card is Hierophant. with that calculation, my soul card is also Heirophant, or no? from what i read in your instructions to calculate them, it's dependable on reducing the higher number...but since there isn't a card for 23...does it mean i'll be reducing both times, for the personality and the soul card? if that is correct...basically all birthdays who add up to over 22, would then have the same cards for Personality and Soul cards? i hope i'm not confusing you with my own confusion. =P

and finally, i tried to make sense of the hidden factor card calculations but just ended up confusing myself even more. *tears at hair* i wonder if it has to do with the fact that i'm horrible at math. can someone please help me out on calculating my hidden factor/shadow card and show me how it's done? hopefully, i'll be able to figure it out from the calculations. =P

thanks!

rostie

Re: confused...

Nao said:
let's see...my birthday is 01/06/1978 which adds up to 23 = 5 and my personality card is Hierophant. with that calculation, my soul card is also Heirophant

and finally, i tried to make sense of the hidden factor card calculations but just ended up confusing myself even more. *tears at hair* i wonder if it has to do with the fact that i'm horrible at math. can someone please help me out on calculating my hidden factor/shadow card and show me how it's done? hopefully, i'll be able to figure it out from the calculations. =P

thanks!

from what i have understand ;) correct me please if i'm wrong...

your soul card and personalitycard are both 5, the hierophant, you are correct on this, all numbers above 22, soul and personality is the same.
for your hidden factor: your number is 5 so the hidden factor: 14, temperance (1+4=5)

another question moongold: if your personality and soulcard is for example 4, do you have then two hidden factors: 22 and 13?

with love,
sara.

Indigo_lady

Re: Indigo

Moongold said:
Dear Indigo Lady,

Interestingly, you are the same as Rostie above, although your Karmic Year was 1998. Did anything significant happen in that year, given the definition of Karmic Year given by Greer.

You two should compare notes! I love the Hermit card and am currently in my Hermit Year. An interesting type, the Hermit.

Blessings to you,

Moongold

Yesss I noticed that too as I was reading.

Is there something particular behind ur personality and soul card being the same?

Nao

Thanks!

Thanks rostie, for the help in answering my questions and in letting me know what my hidden factor card is! :) From what I gather...it seems the hidden factor card is the "middle" row number when looking at the chart that was posted on the first page? I hope I'm not making an off-guess here. =P

Anyhow, thanks again! =)

Moongold

Greetings Nao,

It is great to see others stepping in, having understood the principles. I am not an expert, either! The principal reference for this is Mary Greer's Tarot Constellations. It is a great book. I think this particular material is also reproduced in Tarot for Yourself. These books are still in print and worth purchasing if you are interested in using tarot for personal development.

Greer provides some guidelines, some good questions and hints to help us along the way, but the exploration is personal and never-ending and will be what YOU make it. It is your destiny after all. That is the spirit of these explorations.

I am not mathematically gifted either, Nao, but you don't have to be for this! The associations between tarot and numerology are so strong though. It has awakened my interest in the latter and I think a little understanding of numerology, astrology, mythology, history and alchemy certainly enhances one's understanding of the tarot. There is life long learning here for us all, but one step at a time :).

Sara is quite right, you are a double 5 which means that Hierophant is your personality and soul card. The soul card is the deepest core of who you are. The personality card represents the part of you which you show to the world.

Your Hidden Factor Card is Temperance, as Sara indicated. You are in the Constellation of the Hierophant.

Your Year card is 3 Currently this for you is the Empress.

You may have read through this thread to pick up some ideas about how to use these concepts in your life and there are other threads in Aeclectic which have ideas about this as well.

But with Hierophant? Interesting. I think there is a discussion happening in Tarot Cards about this figure at the moment which would be worth following up. It can mean Speaker of Mysteries as Greer says. You can be both learner and teacher. You can be a bridge between the material and the spiritual worlds, or maybe this is what you need to learn? You can be a protector of tradition. You can be many things, and the delight is in figuring what themes in your life the Hierophant can inform. Here is a thread which might get you started: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthrea...&perpage=10&highlight=Hierophant&pagenumber=1

Temperance, well she is about balance, wisdom and many other things. Here is a thread on Aeclectic which also has dealt with the Hidden Factor/ Teacher/Shadow card - all names for the same thing: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=471

Have fun with this Nao. I am not sure what culture you are from but there could be some very interesting correspondences there if you are from a culture different from the West.

Blessings,

Moongold

Moongold

Hidden factor cards and other things

Greetings Rostie,

I'll call you that, other than your real name, otherwise it gets confusing.

The concept of "shadow" is based on Jungian psychology I think. In his book, Archetypes of the Collective Unconscious Jung defines the Shadow as one of the most powerful archetypes.

The collective unconscious is the aspect of the unconscious shared by all human beings. It is the inherited spiritual residue of the human race over thousands of years of evolution. Archetypes are components of the Collective Unconscious, and the strongest, of course, is that of Self.

But back to the Shadow, it would be good for you to do some reading of Jung as primary material. The Shadow is that part of ourselves that is perhaps to do with shame, negativity, guilt, or something undeveloped. The part of our psyche which we come to grips with through life. It is really by the grappling with the shadow that *I* grow spiritually.

And the Shadow/Hidden Factor/Teacher Card is the tarot symbol attached to us by virtue of this system using the birthdates information.

Greer believes that after the age of thirty most of us have learned the essential life lessons we need (Hidden Factor) and the card becomes the Teacher card which helps us work actively and consciously on our life lessons, the principles we have discovered up to this stage in our lives. Greer bases this assumption on the notion of the first Saturn return in astrology. I'll let you look that up somewhere else.

I can't see the beginning of this thread from here but I think that you are not yet 30? I would say then that in relations to the Karmic Year, don't get too anxious. You are on a spiritual path. This is information which is intended to enhance your spiritual journey, not complicate it.

Again, I can't see the original thread but I think you are the double Hermit? That made me wonder about the extent of your intoversion - inward lookingness. The MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) is a personality test based on Jungian personality types. It simply measures preferences. I think there have been a couple of threads on it here - you might like to do a search here or on Google. I wondered for someone such as you what the MBTI correspondence would be - just an idle wonder, nothing significant. I wondered if on the MBTI you would come up as strongly introverted.

Now I am losing the thread!

I guess the interesting thread binding all this together for me is the relevance of tarot as an spiritual, philosophical system which has application across every aspect of our lives. It has connections with so much else. The archetypes of meaning, the way they are represented through tarot art, the acknowledgement of intuition and spirituality at the deepest levels and yet in the most practical way - these are all quite special.

Now I've really gotten into a bit of a ramble and can't remember all of your questions or see the thread so I'll leave it there :)

Blessings,

Moongold

Moongold

Re: Re: confused...

rostie said:
another question moongold: if your personality and soulcard is for example 4, do you have then two hidden factors: 22 and 13?
with love,
sara.

In relation to this question, Rostie, the following post should explain it. If you still have further questions, please come back with them: http://www.tarotforum.net/editpost.php?s=&action=editpost&postid=139418

I think one really needs to work from the base material - the person's birthdate for obvious reasons. There are different ways of getting to the destination.

Blessings,

Moongold

Moongold

Re: Re: Indigo

Indigo_lady said:
Yesss I noticed that too as I was reading.

Is there something particular behind ur personality and soul card being the same?

Indigo Lady,

Can I get back to you this eveing about this and your PM? I have to do some work now.

Moongold

anjocoxo

help, moongold!!!

I didn't understand it very well (I've always been very bad at maths...)

I was born in

Month: 7
Day: 27
Year: 1978

7 + 27+ 1978 = 2012 = 5

So, is the Hierophant my personality card?

7 + 27 + 2003 = 2037 = 12

Is the Hanged man my year card?????

Anjo