Can one actually improve intuition by exercises?

re-pete-a

For me, the key to increasing my intuition is to surrender. Surrender my limited, ego centered, point of view. This surrender is not to a religion or person, but to the Source of our being.

BRAVO...! AND...That takes courage.

Another way of putting it is to LET GO....and Give in

or

getting rid of SELF IMPORTANCE...

it all boils down to what you have written above....

Krystal Mystic

I have several books on developing intuition, and by far, the book that has helped me the most is "Practical Intuition" by Laura Day. In the book, she has you formulate three questions and then takes you through different exercises. Without realizing what is happening, as you work through the book, you end up gaining intuitive impressions in answer to your three questions. She also spends time teaching you how to word your questions properly so that you are less likely to get an ambiguous answer. This has helped me learn how to phrase my tarot questions better.

I have re-read the book and worked through the exercises several times over the years. My results with each question I've asked have been spot on. I prefer Laura Day's approach, where you don't realize what you're doing while you're doing the exercises, but some people may not like that. Sometimes the exercises don't seem related to anything, but what she is teaching is how to create the right mental condition for intuitions to flow without the rational mind drowning them out. She also gives useful information about how to recognize and verify when you are/are not being intuitive.

Morwenna

Intuition is honouring the FIRST IMPRESSION...

The Intellect is the cause of OVERTHINKING...( thinking to ones self I don't want to be wrong on this)

THINKING is a tool of the intellect and is therefore always stuck in the past or future...using past events to project forward...

The problem is that we are taught to put logic and intellect first....any intellectual training is supporting that divide....

Killing the NEED TO BE RIGHT....is a positive step to honouring the intuitive process...

FAITH

TRUST

it's all there in the FOOLS card...RWS deck...

Aristotelian thinking V's Socrates understandings...

Oh boy, do I need this advice!

RosieSummer

I have been practising and using spreads from this wonderful group. At the moment it is in regards to celebrities and Youtube stars. I practise and write in an exercise book what cards I have and then I have three resources of what the cards mean to the read. :)

I hope that helps.

Absynthe

I started divination with channeling rather than cartomancy and found that very helpful in developing a free-flow of thought that doesn't come from the conscious mind but the subconscious. Channeling requires putting aside the thinking mind and letting it all come from somewhere, else.

These days I will spend upwards of 1-2hrs a day in meditation as part of a specific therapy I'm engaged in. I used to positively yawn anytime someone would mention meditating, as if it's some tedious thing that's kind of unnecessary like a ritual just for the sake of it. But I was wrong about that. I've experienced some pretty incredible insights into my own life as a result this practice. I hardly use a tarot deck now, I've gone back to an oracle instead as it seems to match my free-flow of thoughts better these days.

Barleywine

In his book on druidry, The Druidry Handbook, John Michael Greer talks about discursive meditation, which focuses and concentrates the mind through an inner discourse or dialogue, as distinct from the Eastern way of silencing all thought. This seems to be what passes for meditation in Western practice. Any thoughts or observations?

tarot_quest

In his book on druidry, The Druidry Handbook, John Michael Greer talks about discursive meditation, which focuses and concentrates the mind through an inner discourse or dialogue, as distinct from the Eastern way of silencing all thought. This seems to be what passes for meditation in Western practice. Any thoughts or observations?

When I meditate, I try (without trying too much) to silence my mind. However, I still pay attention to the thoughts coming in my mind. They sometimes reflect important issues, and it already happened (not often!) that I received a ''visual flash'' leading to a premonition.

celticnoodle

I started divination with channeling rather than cartomancy and found that very helpful in developing a free-flow of thought that doesn't come from the conscious mind but the subconscious. Channeling requires putting aside the thinking mind and letting it all come from somewhere, else.

This is great, Absynthe! You hit on a very important item here. That is to put aside the thinking mind. Not easy to do, but essential.

These days I will spend upwards of 1-2hrs a day in meditation as part of a specific therapy I'm engaged in. I used to positively yawn anytime someone would mention meditating, as if it's some tedious thing that's kind of unnecessary like a ritual just for the sake of it. But I was wrong about that. I've experienced some pretty incredible insights into my own life as a result this practice. I hardly use a tarot deck now, I've gone back to an oracle instead as it seems to match my free-flow of thoughts better these days.[/QUOTE]

Meditation is very beneficial in many, many ways, if you can make it a regular part of your day. I think to get the most out of it, you must be willing to devote time daily to this practice. When I use to, it was great for me. Unfortunately, I somehow got out of daily meditation like I use to do & trying to get back into it again. It's not easy for me this time to dedicate time on a daily basis. But, I keep trying.

Daily meditation can lead one to many gifts, including improving your intuition. But it doesn't stop there. Bravo to you devoting 1-2 hours to this daily! :)