Best Schools

nisaba

You're looking right at the very best Tarot school in the world.

She's right, you know. Ask questions. Look at the variety of replies. Scroll through the subforums and look at the questions others have asked that you hadn't thought of yet, and see the answers to them. Many of us have upwards of forty years experience EACH, so you're drawing on centuries and centuries of practice and experience here, whilst if you went to one course or one blog for your learning, you'd only have the experience of that one person.

And some people set themselves up as teachers and call themselves "Masters" and refer to their courses as "world-famous" after only a few years of practice! :bugeyed:

Learn here. You will learn more than anywhere else, and won't have your money taken off you.

Emma313

Hey everyore.
What is the best school for learning tarot in world, in your opinion?
I've been thinking in doing a graduate in other country.
Tks

whats a graduate in tarot?. Never heard of it, the best school is your own

ldiddy

Hopping on the AT train. This is the best school in the world. Complete with deck reviews, meaning sections, and interactive teaching...for free. This community has hundreds of years of collective practical knowledge and expertise in reading. I've been reading tarot off and on for 15 years but learn more here in mere weeks by viewing the reading help spreads and asking questions.

Your fellow readers really are a wonderfully supportive resource.

I'll bet there are thousands of years of experience here at AT.

Barleywine

I spent several years working my way through all of the BOTA correspondence course material. Was it helpful? For esoteric understanding in the Golden Dawn vein - absolutely. For practical use of the cards - not so much. That is really best learned through exercising the skills as often as you can. This forum is definitely a good place to receive support. There seem to be two main branches of thought here: the "diviners" and the "theoreticians." The first group is great for helping with hands-on practice, and the second one offers much thought-provoking discourse on more rarified topics, for those who are ready for it. Sometimes I wish the more learned members of the latter group would venture occasionally into the interpretive side of the house, as I've been trying to do in Your Readings by expanding the palette of card meanings with more advanced correspondences.

AJ

When I went to beauty college I was taught safety and sanitation, subjects that can be tested on. Cutting hair was really something I honed my skills on once in the workplace.

When I went to real estate school I learned the law behind the sales, not how to list and sell. What I could be tested on in other words...

I like book learning, so did Joan Bunnings course. It taught me a lot about the cards behind the cards. Not how to read.

donnalee

I know the folks at the tarotschool.com, and they are great. They offer courses and host the annual very fun tarot salon in New York City, which just happened this week. I agree that reading through the posts here (and doign readins for others here) offers so very much, and I am also glad that I know those folks and have chances to interact with them in person and a free monthly group call for those who attend the Tarot Salon. I think people can learn from many sources, from schools to books to doing to reading the experience of others--enjoy!

Cocobird55

A long time ago, Barnes and Noble offered free online classes -- so i took the Tarot one. it was free, used Joan Bunning's book and it was helpful to learn card meanings. i actually learned to read here, at AT.

AraLuck

You're looking right at the very best Tarot school in the world. :) This forum is better than anywhere else you could learn, bar none. And it's free, which is certainly affordable.

I don't believe in Tarot schools. Schools will teach you their meanings and their ways of using the cards. In order to read the cards, it's best to learn in your own way, in your own time, and there's just no substitute for that.

If you're looking to get "certified", you don't need any kind of certificate. The people who come to you for readings couldn't care less about a certificate. They just want answers to their questions and if you've learned your way and in your own time, you'll be able to give them that beautifully. :)

Really agree with you on that one! Started getting a feel for the cards years back. Started out of a necessity to read... but now I am so connected to my cards and I love being with them every day. It's a natural urge. I think it has to come from the heart, not from a school. And this forum is certainly a huge school in itself!

Luna's Crone

i have a billion apps on my tablet and phone and everyday i do a card of the day with each app and study up a bit on each app. I am slowly learning. And its helping me with learning how to interpret the are of the different decks. so i am slowing starting to notice more on each card. If i feel a need to journal i will.

for instance the busier looking cards, like the moon garden which i love, I look at the book and put the card up on my tablet. it as big as the tables and i can see what the book is talking about. i can do the same with my phone and tablet, read whats on the phone while the card is up one my tablet.

helps alot. my tablet and phone are linked, so what i get on my phone i get on my tablet too.