How to enlarge a PDF?

AnemoneRosie

What pdf reader are you using? Mine has a big + symbol which enlarges things for me.

Emily

I've used Corrine Kenner's card of the day chart since I first started my blog which is 3000+ cards tracked now.
My vision is failing and I can't figure out how to upsize the print on a PDF for printing out. It doesn't need to be by much. Anyone have a tip?

https://corrinekenner.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/card-of-the-day-chart.pdf

I had a bit of a google and found some saying that you can scan it into a photo-shop programme and enlarge it from there. Not tried it but it might work.

reall

I've used Corrine Kenner's card of the day chart since I first started my blog which is 3000+ cards tracked now.
My vision is failing and I can't figure out how to upsize the print on a PDF for printing out. It doesn't need to be by much. Anyone have a tip?

https://corrinekenner.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/card-of-the-day-chart.pdf

maybe you can use this site http://convertonlinefree.com/PDFToWORDEN.aspx
to convert pdf to word then enlarge font in word n convert back to pdf?x,x ;))

danieljuk

What a great chart AJ! I loathe PDF's because they are quite inflexible! Something for you to try and maybe it will help. Load the pdf, for me with Windows I get a bar come up on the bottom when I put my mouse rolled over, you want to print from Adobe, not the print option say if you open it in a browser. When you open the PDF print menu you get scale options, "shrink to fit", etc. You can change the scale there upwards, I had a go at 200% the normal size but it totally messed up and would need so many sheets of paper but maybe turning that up a little might help you. I think that chart is optimised for one sheet of paper and it's going to be tricky to make it larger, unless you can make it spill on to two sheets. Anyway try experimenting with print scaling.

AJ

thanks for the great combined ideas.

I converted it to images, from the link above and then cropped out the extra width, .
I couldn't find any font icons to work with, but cropping upsized it enough for me to work with. thanks so much.

I asked two printers if they have the capability to upsize but both said it would just give me a bunch of pages to tape together. Anyway, I'm happy!

AJ

What pdf reader are you using? Mine has a big + symbol which enlarges things for me.

sorry, forgot to answer your question. It is adobe and yes I can enlarge the page on my computer but I can't write on it, that is why I needed to be able to print a paper version.

AnemoneRosie

Ahh, gotcha! I had thought that since it was for your blog you were using the electronic version!

What if you enlarged it in adobe and then took a screen capture (so in essence taking a picture of what's on the screen) and then printed out the picture of the enlarged chart?

AJ

That might work too. This new set of pages will work for another four years so I'm good for now. Thanks again everyone, I've been fussing over this for months...