The Dream Flower Spread

seneris

I think it's really nice to incorporate a poem in a spread.
Nice one, Lswern!

Suriel

Thanks to all of you!
I'm really glad that this spread has been useful to you....!:)
Hope that you all can get the most suitable meanings for the spread......!

Lswern

purple_scorp

seneris said:
I think it's really nice to incorporate a peom in a spread.
Nice one, Lswern!

I agree. What a great way to remember positions when you associate them with a poem. Thanks Lswern. You've put a new spin on Tarot for me.

Cheers

purple_scorp

tmgrl2

Lswern said:
Thanks to all your suggestions! I've come to think of some alternative meanings of the position, and has taken another meanings for them...

The position meanings are:
1. "What if you slept?" -- concious influences
2. "And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed?" -- hidden influences
3. "And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower?" -- Approaching future
4. "And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?" -- What you will gain
5. "Ah, what then?" --Final outcome

Is this better?.......:)

Lswern

I simply love this idea of using the poem....I suppose one could adapt each line to suit the reading....so slept could mean
"what is hiding?" you dreamed? "what are your wishes concerning these hidden influences? plucked a flower? " what's outside of you that is there to help you?" awake and found the flower in your hand? "would you take this help/advice?" Ah, what then? outcome..."If I took it, what would happen or If I chose not to, what might happen?"

Endless possibilities...yours is lovely...just the five questions themselves are so poignant...great idea, lswern

stickyricefrog

I didn't know you can create a spread...I'm new to Tarot. I thought we have to follow the spreads that are already there...your dream flower spread is really cool!

purple_scorp

Hey stickyricefrog and welcome to ATF.

How wonderful, I sense you are very keen to learn.

Grab yoursElf a nice cup of tea or water. Pull up a chair and sit down. You will have so much fun here. Don't be afraid to express your opinion, we all have something to learn from one another.

with love
purple_scorp

Ivy Rhiannon

Pook said:
I really like this spread idea, and I've tried it a couple of different ways. The original, posted by Lswern, didn't really give me what I was looking for, so after playing with it and all of everyone els's ideas, I came up with this, which proved to really insightful...for me anyway.

1. "What if you slept?" ~ What you are avoiding/denying because you
are 'asleep'

2. "And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed? ~ How you want things to be

3. And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and picked a strange and beautiful flower? ~ What have you done/need to do to alter your reality?

4. "And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?" ~ realizations, advice, helpful ideas

5. "Ah, what then?" ~ Outcome/What will you do with your new view of reality?

Wow what a great spread Suriel, however I do like the changes you have made pook. Definatly going to try it out, thanks for sharing! :)

ahimsa666

Ah, what a beautiful idea for a spread :)

ahimsa666

Me again

MOST BRILLIANT IDEA....Aaahh... :-D

mando

thanks for this spread - I love the idea of using a poem as a basis for a spread. the meanings of the positions almost doesn't matter - I found that by repeating the line of the verse while looking at the card created loads of associations! I will def try this with other poems!