Looking for an intuitive deck

youareafool

I am looking for a new deck. The most important quality I'm looking for is good imagery in the design. I care less about the old archetypes and "usual" meanings of the cards individually. I'm looking for good detailed pictures that can provide a new way to relate the cards.

I have been very happy using the Shadowscapes deck for this purpose. If you know of any others to suggest let me know!

Scarlet Woodland

I had a wee scout of your wishlist and both the Paulina and Chrysalis Tarots would definitely be worth looking at for this (get the app of the Paulina as well though to make sure you can see all that wonderful detail!).

You might also like the Fantastical Creatures Tarot by Lisa Hunt: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/fantastical-creatures/

Don't let the traditional looking magician kitty fool ya... this deck is a world unto it'self ;)

Probably oodles more to suggest but these popped to mind first.

Citrin

Well, any theme or art style in particular you are interested in? :) I personally find these decks to be intuitive and more ”unique” with their system than the so called RWS clones: Ludy Lescot Tarot, Osho Zen Tarot, Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot, and Tarot of the Wild Unknown. But I don’t know if that’s your taste or not. ;)

thorhammer

I've found that some of the Lo Scarabeo decks are superb for this purpose - the ones that pop into my head right now are the Secret Forest, the Sweet Twilight, the 1001 Nights, the Universal Fantasy and the Dark Grimoire. The Secret Tarot and the Dream Enchantress, both by the same artist, are also good for intuitive exploration.

Also, have a look at the Wheel of Change Tarot. It's one of my absolute favourites and the artistry is wonderful in it. Lovely bright colours, a riot of varied imagery and perspectives, and nice cardstock to boot (and card backs!).

If you respond to semi-abstract art with intense atmosphere, the Langustl might do well for you.

Nemia

I find the Dreaming Way tarot very intuitive. The figures, colours and patterns speak clearly to me.

gregory

As an "intuitive" reader - you have to go with a deck that calls to you. The suggestions of others won't honestly help that much. I can see some in this thread alone that are fairly unreadable for me. One, indeed, that I cannot get anything from. But in fact, almost any deck will work that way, as you will find out in the end. I've done it with TdMs....

celticnoodle

I have to agree with Gregory here. I'm also an intuitive reader, and I think what works for one intuitive reader may not work for another. Its purely a personal choice. Some of the decks mentioned here, I do own, but I either cannot read with them, as much as I love the artwork, or I just do not find them that easy to read intuitively.

Now, if you are interested in what decks other people do find to be intuitive, the decks I'd have to mention are the Legend of the Arthurian Tarot, The Robin Wood Tarot, Druid Craft Tarot and the Hanson Roberts Tarot. These decks seem to really speak to me and give me great information in readings. I also love the Golden Tarot by Kat Black. But, the Robin Wood right now is my top reading deck.

Good luck in your search for the right deck. I might mention that you should check out all the different decks here under the heading above 'Tarot Decks', here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/. You can see a few of the cards pictures of the decks contained in there, along with a rating and review of it, and where you can buy it if you wish to help A.T. through the purchase of said deck.

Nemia

Very true, it's totally individual. And looking at decks online is only a crutch. Only by handling the cards and asking them questions, IMO, appears the connection between intuition and deck.

But I find these threads fascinating. How wonderful that some people can read with ease with decks that don't tell me a word! And yes, why didn't I mention the Golden? It reads so well for me, too! And so every post is interesting to me.

gregory

Well - for ME and only for me - I find Pagan Cats, Sweet Twilight and Kitty Kahane all work BRILLIANTLY.

I also had a good time with the Savage - but some find it too alarming...

Emily

I think it will boil down to what kind of artwork interests you. I find the Liber T very intuitive but some people don't like the artwork but I think any deck has the potential of being intuitive, if you like the artwork enough.

I've just started to seriously get into the TdM after years of not being able to read the pip cards and am really liking the freedom of not having an image to work off.