Duck Soup's Lombardi Danneggiato / Lombardy

Le Fanu

Just an update. I have ordered the standard sized one with premium cardstock. Really looking forward to receiving it. I'll post here with my impressions when I get it. Thanks for all the opinions!

magicjack

Border or borderless?

Le Fanu

With border. Forgot that detail! Can't recall seeing a choice of card backs so I suppose it must be a standard one.

Nemia

Great! I hope you'll like it. I have the standard back and like it :)

magicjack

I think you made the perfect choice. I'm excited for you. Please come back and let me know.

Le Fanu

Got my order today - pouch arrived separately a few days back - and I really love it.

The colours and details are so different from the Meneghello Neoclassico and LoS Ancient Tarot of Lombardy that it feels like a completely different deck. I love how the ageing and patina is all mixed. This isn't a template of ageing - each card has different stains and blemishes and fadings spread across the deck.

I'm glad I ordered the standard size. It feels right. The quality of reproduction is fantastic, really sharply rendered engraving details despite the *ravages* of time. I chose the bordered version and despite my initial ambivalence, I think it works really well. The images don't feel boxed in. The overall effect is uniform and eccentric. I really like this one.

Nemia

I'm very happy to hear it! I love mine so much.

EmpyreanKnight

Ah, but this is quite something. Bookmarking this for when I get into a Classic Decks phase.