"Dark" decks

scorpiana

i find that i am wanting a "darker" deck for my collection..some of the people i read for have personalities and questions that might respond well to a deck that explores some serious questions and has a more macabre or melancholy feel to it..i have been checking up on some listed here under the "dark/gothic" heading, but have a rough time with decks i have only seen online..i am a touchy feely person!

please advise- i have pneumonia and have been home in bed for a couple days and i am running out of things to do.

petegrey

I recently got the Gothic (Vargo) deck and immediately connected with it, and I mean immediately. Fantastic art and seems really well constructed. It like, wanted to jump into my hands and be used right out of the box. Another thing I like about it is it introduces a spread called the Mystic 7 that I found I really like.

I also really like my Guardian deck, but I have not read with it yet.

petegrey

Thats funny, I am very anxiously waiting for a Giger tarot myself! Just did a trade this week!

petegrey

Thats funny, I am very anxiously waiting for a Giger tarot myself! Just did a trade this week!

blackstormhawk

I just got one too, and I'm totally jazzed on it.

Actually, I got TWO.

Who expects to win two ebay auctions on relatively low bids?? Certainly not me. One of them is the US edition, the other is the German edition. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I should break the shrinkwrap on the german one. (My US set had been opened and is missing the poster, which I didn't consider a big deal. I got it for gawking, not collecting or resale.

a_shikhs

I love dark decks. :) I have the Gothic Tarot by Vargo And the Archeon tarot. I find both very dark and gothic and mystical. Both of them are beautiful and very accurate and my favourite reading decks for personal questions. :)

shadowdancer

I too am being drawn towards this genre which has surprised me.

I traded away a Gothic Vampires a couple of years ago and now want to buy one back.

I support the comments re the Gothic by Vargo. It is awesome. The deck I purchased has "PERSONAL OR SELF READINGS ONLY" invisibly stamped and I know it is mine, and mine alone.

I have got another deck coming for my collection though (again won for a ridiculously low amount on e-bay)

Am sort of wanting the Crow's Magic but am holding off as I need to be a bit more restrained with spending for now

Davina

seneris

I actually have two copies of the Gothic Tarot (Joseph Vargo). You can use that deck along with Madame Endora's Fortune Cards, which adds more depth to readings.

a_shikhs

I totally forgot about Madame Endora. This deck is still highly on my wishlist and it looks awesome. :)