"Adult" Decks

thorhammer

Thanks again, I looked at the Abyssal Tarot, which I've seen here on Aeclectic before. I don't really get into photo decks, though, but thanks for the reminder, Star Spirit.

I like the look of the Lori Walls, although, yes, that 2 of Swords is . . . confronting. But since the RWS 2-Swords tells me totally different things to the DMs, and the Lori Walls one seems to gell with those (DM) meanings better, maybe it'd be worth getting just for that reason. . . Never did get the "friendship in adversity" thing. Nothing about the RWS 2-Swords says intimacy to me, but, damn, the Lori Walls one does! Ha ha!

I think it might be on my list. Thanks, guys!

\m/ Kat

Netzach

I'm not sure if you'd class the Lunatic Tarot as an adult deck - it has a lot of boobs on show - but it has very beautiful artwork. I'd recommend the large version, even though it's too big to read with.

thorhammer

Netzach said:
I'm not sure if you'd class the Lunatic Tarot as an adult deck - it has a lot of boobs on show - but it has very beautiful artwork. I'd recommend the large version, even though it's too big to read with.

Don't worry, it's on my list! I love the artwork on it as well. I might end up getting small and large, coz I don't want decks I can't read with (for whatever reason).

Thanks, Netzach

Aura Wolf

Of course! I second the Lunatic. I would definitely call it an "adult" deck.

lunakasha

I LOVE the :heart: LUNATIC :heart: and highly recommend it also!

Yeah, lots of boobs, LOL :bugeyed:....but overall, not too "adult" IMO....very pretty though! I started with the portfolio edition and then got the cards, which gives the best of both worlds (so you can see more detail in the large cards and read with the smaller ones).

Love 'em....still at the top of my list for reading AND artwork.

:) Luna

Shaymus

There's also the Decameron Tarot, and the Tarot of Casanova.

Shaymus

Scion

Hey shaymus,

Actually the Scarabeo decks were what thorhammer was trying to find alternatives to in the initial post...

Shaymus

I should have read the post more closely.

thorhammer

Ha ha that's okay, Shaymus, I do it all the time! And thanks, Scion.

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

Scion said:
The Lori Walls Erotica is the best, hands down, for my money.

Reads like butter, real thoughtfulness in the symbol set, and polysexual without being prurient.

Scion, as usual, you're so right. I got it yesterday and went through it card by card, captivated at the very special way she's used such confronting imagery to convey very complex messages. I just don't like the one card, the 9 of Stars. However I love, love, love, the 5 of Rods. Those rods are so expressive! It's a beautiful deck, alright.

And your comment about it reading like butter? So true. I doubted this, mostly because of my own ability, but it really does. For anything. It's brilliant. Thank you so much for your sage advice. And because of getting this, I also had to get something else to make the shipping worth it (of course!) and now have the wonderful (albeit stinky) Hanson Roberts deck as well. Both shuffle so well, so small and slippy!

A thousand thankyous, Scion. Blessings

\m/ Kat