Introvert tarot reader.

magicjack

First of all you have to trust your cards and yourself to be confident. I think if you started reading face to face or at a party it will more than likely help with your introverted feelings. It's a little like stage fright. I am a person that my mouth can't always express what my brain is thinking. Tarot reading has actually helped me with this. A party is a little more difficult. A small party is fine. A large one is too noisy but I have become quite the party entertainment. I take tarot reading serious but at a party I keep it light but brutally honest and fun at the same time if you know what I mean.

barefootlife

Seconding Tiger Iron (aka Mugglestone)! It just makes me feel better to have one in my pocket, because the ambient mood influences me hardcore.

Again, personal experience, but being an introvert of my particular flavor (infp) tends to keep me to be outside a group, even of people I'm very close to, and more observant of what's actually going on instead of getting caught up in it. I find it translates into my readings - since I'm not so directly involved, it's easier to listen to my cards and create the story they're telling.

That said, my views on tarot tend to be less about the mystical and more about the practical. Tarot a cognitive tool, a way of exploring the self. Cards illuminate situations that are already there, and encourage people to look at things in a different way, perhaps one they didn't notice or didn't want to see. If someone finds your reading 'wrong', delving into why is just as important as reading the cards. You can't tell someone a truth they're not ready to hear, and sometimes you can't tell truth to someone who is obstinately hiding from it, or who has convinced themselves that this is just entertainment.

tl;dr you can't make someone listen to you or your cards. All you can do is offer the best you can offer, and believe in what you're doing. Not every reader is going to be good at parties, or face-to-face reading, or online reading. Do what works for you.

Tanga

Seconding Tiger Iron (aka Mugglestone)! It just makes me feel better to have one in my pocket, because the ambient mood influences me hardcore...

Just had to correct this bit - according to my Cryrstal info.resources - Tiger Iron and Mugglestone are not the same thing.

Tiger Iron = Tiger's eye with Hematite

Mugglestone = Hematite and Jasper
- reduces stress, particularly from conflict
- repels psychic attack and repairs the aura
- grounds - interestingly, aids recovery from surgery. :)

(It was bugging me - but I couldn't remember what thread this was for a while...).

barefootlife

Just had to correct this bit - according to my Cryrstal info.resources - Tiger Iron and Mugglestone are not the same thing.

Tiger Iron = Tiger's eye with Hematite

Mugglestone = Hematite and Jasper
- reduces stress, particularly from conflict
- repels psychic attack and repairs the aura
- grounds - interestingly, aids recovery from surgery. :)

(It was bugging me - but I couldn't remember what thread this was for a while...).

Interesting! Mine was sold to me as mugglestone and has all three - tiger's eye, hematite, and red jasper. You can clearly see all three in the stone, but I've seen resources calling them equivalent! In any case, that's what I have and it works for me.

Tanga

Interesting! Mine was sold to me as mugglestone and has all three - tiger's eye, hematite, and red jasper. You can clearly see all three in the stone, but I've seen resources calling them equivalent! In any case, that's what I have and it works for me.

I wasn't argueing function ;)
(Truth is anything can work imo - but as with anything, an acceptable structure is good to start with. From there, you then write your own script. Just like Tarot ;)).

But yes, interesting as with more research your combination is the main listing.
None of my pieces have Red Jasper in them - and I wouldn't have chosen them if they had -
it was the silver/gold wavy dance that specifically pleases my eye :) :) (I chose it without knowing its "metaphysical properties". Then laughed when I looked it up, due to it's appropriate 'fit' for me).

JMI_Tarot

I want to recommend a really good and very important book.
It's called
"Quiet - The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Thinking" By Susan Cain.

Susan Cain also did an amazing TED Talk about being an introvert. You can watch it here:
https://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts#t-6277

(You will want to read her book after you see her in this)

She helps us understand that being an introvert is far from an affliction. It's a strength if you understand it and know how to use it. (The power of Quiet) She herself is a classic introvert, yet she is a lawyer by profession and now does tons of public speaking.

She's a lovely, funny person. Her TED Talk is one of the most popular in their entire series. She gives lots of examples. I really recommend it. I may actually watch it again right now. :cool:

Tanga

...She helps us understand that being an introvert is far from an affliction. It's a strength if you understand it and know how to use it. (The power of Quiet).

Ofcourse it is. :)
Both sides of the coin (any coin) have equal merit and are natural.
It's a shame that our classical habits/training lead us to think differently.

Thanks for the Ref. :thumbsup:

Ruby Jewel

Inasmuch as most of us are both extravert and introvert, maybe a review of what introvert and extravert means, according to the man who popularized the term, Carl Jung. Following is a quote from "Psychological Types":

"The extravert is distinguished by his striving towards the object, his feeling into and identification with the object, and his willed dependence upon the object. He is influenced by the object in the same degree as he strives to assimilate it. The introvert, on the other hand is distinguished by his apparent self-assertion in the presence of the object. He struggles against every dependence upon the object, he repels every influence from the object; on occasion he even fears the object."

In other words, the "object" controls the extravert (as in money), while the introvert rejects being controlled by the object. To make a good tarot reader, like the extravert you have to be willing to assimilate the cards into your psyche, and turn control over to them. But, at the same time, as an introvert you must maintain a sense of autonomy in order to be an objective reader. Like Temperance shows us, we are a mixture of opposites...and it is learning to balance the two in the proper proportions that is the key to everything we do. As I see it, success or failure in anything and everything we do is really a matter of "touch"....