"cutting it out" with the SWORDS

mystic mal

This is a great medical suit the SWORDS.On the 5 of SWORDS it is showing a man who I see as a doctor offering 5 Swords to the "patient". Its all about us cutting things out that are no good for us.We start off in life by cutting the chord at childbirth,cutting the apron strings when leaving home,learning how to handle cutting remarks,cutting the ties with a relationship eg divorce,when our lives are cut down in death and cutting things out that causes medical problems such as smoking,drinking and too much food.We can relieve stress and anxiety in our lives by cutting out the stress factor and lastly I see the King of Swords as the surgeon where operations are needed and cutting out the dis-eased parts.....after all Swords also represent the mind which causes psycho symatic illnesses,its a great medical dictionary.

Raya

Thanks for that. Health is such a tricky thing to read. It's nice to have some sort of specific symbols to look for to give you an idea. Thanks. ;)

Water Lady

I think I will look at the swords differently now.

Durant Hapke

sward plug?...

Mighty Mystic Mal,

Bring it.

Bring the mad medical funk.

Interesting thoughts, notions, and concepts.

Very true about the importance of editing ones life of negative influences, and such.

It struck me in the noggin as I pondered, that much like interpreting the Tarot, we might be wise (as I think your Jack bird suggesting), to look at the elements of our lives -- the bricks of activities, and mortar of intention -- and be sure our understanding of it all is as full, and complete as possible (not taking a simple approach to our understanding of self -- just as we can always look deeper into the cards -- there's so much to rock on with, and learn).

I pull the beer knob all the time.

Throw back a foamy cold mug whenever the spirit moves me -- in the morning with my sausage, toast, and eggs (that's the best), mid morning while working in the studio, with lunch, whenever -- but others can't handle that kind of freedom, and should know that about them selves, and not buy a big beer ticket.

And for some reason, when I see the six of swards (RW), I think "wow, if you pull those swards out of the bottom of that little floating dingy, it would sink," as the swards tips are now plugging the holes they've created (in my mind) in the bottom of that boat.

So, haphazardly removing swards can be Jack bird dangerous at times as well (simplistic I know, but interesting to think about).

Durant "a guy in a van will sharpen them" Hapke

mystic mal

Well Durant Hapke,I dont know what that was all about,some folk in the U.S sure have a funny way of talking...I guess this old crone isnt up to todays jargon.I dont even know if you were agreeing with the post or not!!! Anyway,keep cruising (Is that OK for a Welsh woman) haha.Whose the Jack Bird fella anyway? .....and for goodness sake dont take those plugs out of the bottom of the boat.

coeur

I agree with cutting things out. I always tend to see the Queen of Swords as someone who likes cutting people out of her life or someone who needs to get cut out of someone's life. I always get this quote from Chandler's "Big Sleep" pertaining to Carmen, "She likes pulling wings off of flies."

Durant Hapke

Mystic Mal,

I found the perspectives you shared in your opening post -- "cutting it out" with the SWORDS -- quite insightful, and worthy of further contemplation.

Thank you for sharing it.

As for the meaning of "Jack bird," there are many.

Primarily it functions as a common interjection, but more often then not, it is employed as a meaning "amplifier," and/or, to underscore a statement. For example, you could say, "That animal is utterly fantastic!" or, "That animal is Jack bird fantastic!"

A Jack bird is also a bit of a "mischievous muse," kind of the "devil on your shoulder." For example, "I saw the girl alone at the cafe, so Jack bird asked her to go dancing."

Durant "I breed confusion" Hapke

brenmck

mystic mal said:
This is a great medical suit the SWORDS.On the 5 of SWORDS it is showing a man who I see as a doctor offering 5 Swords to the "patient". Its all about us cutting things out that are no good for us.We start off in life by cutting the chord at childbirth,cutting the apron strings when leaving home,learning how to handle cutting remarks,cutting the ties with a relationship eg divorce,when our lives are cut down in death and cutting things out that causes medical problems such as smoking,drinking and too much food.We can relieve stress and anxiety in our lives by cutting out the stress factor and lastly I see the King of Swords as the surgeon where operations are needed and cutting out the dis-eased parts.....after all Swords also represent the mind which causes psycho symatic illnesses,its a great medical dictionary.

Very interesting take on this card, and helpful as well. I've always been suspicious of the traditionally negative interpretations of the Five of Swords. So I'm seeing there is not a thing shameful about "remembering the Self," as The Complete New Tarot (van Leeuwen) describes it. The rest and contemplation of the Four, and the journey of the Six - the necessary link is the Five, where we are advised to allow ourselves some consideration, pick up what we have left, excise the toxic elements that mean us no good, and get on with it.

~B~

balenciaga

Swords Are Used To Cut Things

Thanks for the reminder about the "cutting out" aspect of this suit. I always forget it (!)
I will jot it down in LARGE letters in my journal.