Your very own list of "Top Ten Decks of All Time"

BlueLotus

Well, perhaps not really an All Time deck list as such, but here's how I feel presently in this regard (in no particular order):

- Paulina
- Radiant Rider Waite
- Bohemian Gothic
- Steele Wizard
- Victorian Romantic
- Alchemical
- Deviant Moon
- Prague
- Maat
- Fairytale

Kissa

Universal Waite by Hanson Roberts
Golden Rider
World Spirit
Tarot of Prague
Gaian Tarot
Songs for the Journey HOme (the mini version with more vibrant colours)
Fairy Tale by Karen and Alex (i rarely use it but it is just so beautiful)

expecting my Illuminated tarot and i hope it will count for at least 3 decks ;-) to make it a Top Ten list...

K

Nightgarden

Here we go:

My reading decks:
Crowley/Harris Thoth
Transparent Tarot

and for the art:
Bohemian Gothic Tarot (love the standart more than the silver)
Golden Tarot
Victorian Romantic Tarot
Haindl Tarot
Quantum Tarot
Archeon Tarot
Osho Zen Tarot
Deviant Moon Tarot

I'm waiting for my Illuminated to arrive, so maybe...

Debra

1JJ Swiss
Alchemical Tarot
Bill's Tarot
Marseille
Rider Waite
Rotin Tarot
Soprafino
Thea's
Victoria Regina
Vieville

Criterion: They make me happy.

Brigid

Well, keeping in mind a few of these could and most likely will change at any given time... :)
Also, the first few are the first ones I'd grab to save.

Deirdre of the Sorrows
Granny Jones
Legacy of the Divine - LE
Victorian Romantic
Far Sight
Anna K
Illuminated
Visconti Sforza - Gutenburg
Tarocco di Sissi
Prague

WolfSpirit

This is the list I originally posted on March 10 2008:

WolfSpirit said:
Steele Wizard
Druidcraft
Animal Wise
Swedish Witch
Greenwood
Fournier
Halloween
Tarot of the Spirit
Songs for the Journey Home
Servants of the Light

Right, I don't think I can do this, lol. Well maybe like this:
My favourite decks of all time:

Druidcraft (high up on a place of its own)
Greenwood
Tarot of the Spirit

Fournier (because it is my favourite Marseille. And I have to have a Marseille)

Animal Wise (because it is an oddball deck that hardly anyone loves. I have a sentimental connection to it, and I love it)

After this, it becomes messy because there are too many to choose from. So I have five distinct all time favourites, and lots of other decks I love all for their own wonderful reasons, and they alternate.

ihcoyc

- Ancient Italian Tarot
- Flornoy Noblet
- Gumppenberg Neoclassical
- Visconti Gold
- Conver Marseille
- 1JJ Swiss
- Jeu de la Princesse Etteilla
- Paris Tarot (Bibliotheque Nationale)
- Dame Fortune's Wheel
- Ka-Bala Game Taro Cards
- Egyptian Cat Goddess Tarot of the Celtic Feminist Gypsies from Atlantis

Jewel

Jewel said:
YAY a thread where I can list that my beloved Cosmic Tribe at the top of *LOL*. OK these are the top 10 decks in my collection, that I have worked with and are my very favorites and have been for some time:

1. Cosmic Tribe - I have loved this deck for years, love how it reads and its energy. It will always be an all time favorite for me.
2. Golden Victorian Romantic - Aside from being beautiful, I have wonderful readings with this deck. This is another one that will never fall off this list.
3. Fey - another great reading deck for me. This was the first deck I had that did not have suit emblems on the cards, and really pushed me into reading more intuitively.
4. Fantastic Menagerie - this is a deck that every day grows on me more and more. The more time I spend with it the more I love it. I have been using it for over a year in study work and readings, and really love the way it reads.
5. Druid Craft - has the best courts to learn with in my opinion. Really helped me resolve issues of personalities of some courts.
6. Crowly Harris Thoth - I just love a good challenge, and love the structure of this deck. This is probably most favorite deck to study. There is always so much more to learn.
7. Fairytale Tarot - the deck has really expanded my view of tarot.
8. Magical Forest - this is my "Hammy" deck (as in Hammy from Over the Hedge Movie), I could just not part with it, it just tickles my heart.
9. Robin Wood - this was the deck I learned to read with, will always have a special place in my heart.
10. Tarot of the Old Path - the second deck I could read with. Along side the Robin Wood I used this deck for years, only to be put down when the Cosmic Tribe arrived and stole my heart.
Above is my list from 2008, for the most part I think it would remain the same but due to other decks I have gotten to know since then I need to bump my two sentimental favorites (Robin Wood and Tarot of the Old Path) and add two other decks to the list in their places:

9. Fifth Tarot - This deck has blown me away actually. This is my deck for spiritual and personal development. This is not a deck I will be using to do a lot of readings for others, but for myself and my own personal growth.

10. Deviant Moon - I got this deck for the art, but I really enjoy reading with this deck. There is a lot more to it than I thought, and though I originally though the deck would be a dark deck, I find that it is not dark at all.

Actually I think I will also bump the Thoth off my list and replace it with the Baroque Bohemian Cats. For one I use the BBC much more than I study the Thoth, and frankly I am obsessed with those cats in clothes! *LOL*.

shadowdancer

not sure I posted a list back then, so here it is for now (and no particular order for 4 -10 I hasten to add - they all swap around in favour on a given day)

Tarot of Innocence
Deirdre of Sorrows
Bright Idea

Legacy of Divine
Rohrig
Book of Kaos
Osho Zen
Ship of Fools
Fantastic Menagerie
Slumberland (majors only)

The Fey sort of jumps in occasionally as well :)

It would be fun if our list was evaluated as a sort of personality profile...lol. Heck knows what mine would say

Davina

Jewel

shadowdancer said:
It would be fun if our list was evaluated as a sort of personality profile...lol. Heck knows what mine would say
Don't even go there girl! after reading your post I looked at my list and my eyes rolled into the back of my head *LOL* ... you do not EVEN want to know what came to mind! *LOL*

(I also realized that The Pearls of Wisdom is not on that list, and that is a big problem ... apparently I cannot do just 10 decks anymore!)