Your very own list of "Top Ten Decks of All Time"

shadowdancer

oh but I think we do... :D :D

A lot of my choices seem to not follow anything resembling the norm. There is a hint of the child with a wild imagination but other than that, they are all so different.

Come on Jewel, spill the beans. How does your choice sum you up then :)

Davina

Jewel

shadowdancer said:
oh but I think we do... :D :D ... Come on Jewel, spill the beans. How does your choice sum you up then :)
First we must revisit the current list to put me into context (*LOL*):
Cosmic Tribe
Golden Victorian Romantic
Fey
Fantastic Menagerie
Druid Craft
Fairytale Tarot
Magical Forest
Fifth Tarot
Deviant Moon
Baroque Bohemian Cats

OK there are a few themes running through these decks that highlight a love of spirituality, fantasy, animals in clothes, psychodelic naked people, and elegance with a splash of romance. As you can clearly see there is no reality involved with any of my favorite deck choices at all.

These choices would indicate that I am spiritual, escapist dreamer that fantasizes about bucking social norms in high faluten neighborhoods with Pink Floyd blaring in the background. It would also probably reflect the fact that I do respect animals more than most people and wish they had the opportunity to take control and put people in their place *LOL*. There is a bit more but I am just not going to go there *LOL*

So now you give it a try with all your favorite decks!

shadowdancer

Tarot of Innocence
Deirdre of Sorrows
Bright Idea
Legacy of Divine
Rohrig
Book of Kaos
Osho Zen
Ship of Fools
Fantastic Menagerie
Slumberland (majors only)

The Fey sort of jumps in occasionally as well :)

well, it is not easy evaluating yourself (heck why did I start this..lol) but here goes: :)

I suppose I have two very real extremes here. On one hand with the ToI, Slumberland and Fey I am showing a child like innocence and sense of wonderment at the world around me. That is how I try to be. Yet there is a cynical part of me which often creeps in and can spill over into intolerance and bluntness. The Kaos deck and Rohrig really take no prisoners so I guess I am easy going in the main - but if let down, lied to or manipulated I come out with guns blazing. Try to be practical and to the point in day to day issues (Bright Idea deck) but also acknowledge my spirituality and reason for being here. (Osho Zen)

WIll give more thought as to how the other decks fit in, but it is interesting to see I have 2 monocoloured decks. Do I tend to see things in plain black and white too often? Maybe, but I am working on that. (Have scanned my Kaos deck and have coloured most of the deck for my own use - 15 cards to go)

This is going to be interesting if others follow suit and share all :)

Davina

Mojo Twin 2

Deirdre of the Sorrows (currently my exclusive)
Anna K
BOTA
Thoth
RWS

Hemera

Morgan-Greer
Dark Angels Tarot
Halloween Tarot
Universal Fantasy
Herbal Tarot
The Sweet Twilight
Druidcraft
The Dream Enchantress

RiccardoLS

I like the idea of "all time".
Should my preferred decks form a line or complete a pattern of some kind.
For the same reason, however, I won't feel always like picking specific decks (like a specific Marseille)

Visconti (it's the beginning of the history of Tarot)
Marseille (can't we do without, really?)
Etteilla (it stirred the transformation)
RWS (the founding stone of modern Tarot)
Wirth (the peak of the "French" school)
Crowley (the meeting point of almost everything, from Egyptian thingies to Psychodinamics...)
Osho Zen (giving the cards something no culturally western deck was ever able to: "silence")
Robin Wood (exemplary of the detachment from Christian symbolism)

And then I am at a loss.
Most decks I see past these belong to my personal journey and not to a journey I can trust to be of us all (the all time things brings me to try to get past my personal preferences).
I would like to pick a deck that could express a few things that I suppose may be important if we ever happen to look at this time from afar.
- feminism (but most of feminist decks I know are so full of hostile energy, like there is no space for us males - or for the male parts of anyone - in the world)
- narrative approach (I would say the Jane Austen Tarot, but very few know about it)
- intuitive/emotional/flowing approach (I would say the Fey, but I'm totally biased ^^)

The deck that have been the milestones of my journey are others, of course, but most of them will never been "of all time".

ric

Alta

RiccardoLS said:
I like the idea of "all time".
The deck that have been the milestones of my journey are others, of course, but most of them will never been "of all time".

ric
To be honest, I think that my selections were personal milestones, not really 'of all time'. (& think that I will re-visit them as some others have done).

From that perspective, I agree strongly with your choices, and with your comments on the Fey and Jane Austen, both of which touched me deeply. I have said it before, but I have never, ever, seen a better deck for the dynamics of human interactions than the Jane Austen deck.

Hemera

RiccardoLS said:
- feminism (but most of feminist decks I know are so full of hostile energy, like there is no space for us males - or for the male parts of anyone - in the world)
ric
OT, but..
I have been sad about this as well..And this is why The Dream Enchantress is so amazing. It is a deck created by an Italian male and I see it as a very feminist deck. There is no hostility. The females are active and strong and intelligent but not hostile. Many are bare breasted/nude and still the pictures are not sexist (there are a few exceptions but not too many..) There are not many males in that deck but I feel that a man would very well fit in most cards.
I think this is the best feminist deck I have come across yet.

MysticalMoose

The Top 10 of "My Decks" is as follows: In no particular order apart from the 1st 2 on the basis that I love them & read well with them...

1. DruidCraft
2. Steele Wizard
3. Vargo Gothic
4. BB Cats Gold
5. Bohemian Gothic
6. World Spirit
7. Victorian Romantic
8. Anna K
9. Waking The Wild Spirit
10 Fantastic Menagerie

Close runners up included: Llewellyn, Radiant Rider Waite, & Mythic

Didnt consider Oracles when deciding:bugeyed: that made it even more impossible!!!!

:love:

Nightgarden

These are my favourites:

Illuminated Tarot
Thoth Crowley/Harries
Transparent Tarot
Golden Tarot
Sakki Sakki Tarot
Bohemian Gothic Tarot
Victorian Romantic Tarot
Quantum Tarot
Tarot of Prague