ETA: If I happen to make you an "avatar" as a result of this thread,
please KNOW that I do this from my heart :heart: and it is NOT my intention
to get you to become a paid subscriber here. I just do these
to fill my time (after my husband passed) and because I LOVE my AT forum
and because AT stood beside me while he was passing!:heart:

...:bugeyed: I just CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! :bugeyed:

...that is why I am posting this today!

:heart:Moderator: Please move this post if I have posted it in the
wrong place on AT...wasn't sure exactly where to put this.

Here is my question to ALL AT members:

Re: your tarot forum "AT ID NAME":

"HOW" did you arrive at (choose) your "AT ID name"...

...and "HOW" does it relate to "tarot"... "directly" or "indirectly"...
(or if it does or not at all)?

...I mean: "WHAT" does your AT ID name mean?
... and WHY did you pick that particular name?

Every time I see "certain" AT members' names, I always wonder :

"What in the heck does that name mean?...how did they come up with it? :bugeyed:
(of course all of our AT ID names DO have meaning...at least to us!)

I just thought it would be so nice if our members would clue us in
on what "their" ID name means.:heart:

Okay...I will go first:
The1st AT ID name I chose was "successgoodhealth" which
did "not" really relate to tarot, but it did relate to all things "positive"...
...but after typing it at the bottom of my posts so many times, I decided that it
was waaay to loooong :bugeyed:

How I chose "tarotlyn":?... of course it is so obvious...but anyway... here goes:
My nick name is "Lyn" (short for Lynnette) and I wanted a name related to
this forum (which is mainly tarot) AND since I am a complete tarotaholic (LOL)
and since I read cards EVERY DAY...and since I eat, breathe, and talk "tarot" ALL THE TIME...
...I just had to go with: "tarotlyn" which is now my AT ID name:)
I think it fits me well, feels good, and is "much" shorter to type! :bugeyed::laugh::thumbsup:

So...please, :heart: everyone, post your "AT ID" and "why" you chose it :love:

Blessings All!
:):heart:tarotlyn

thorhammer

There is an old thread about this, a veritable wealth of information :D

Mine doesn't relate to Tarot, but to a sort of nebulous life mission. I have what I'd call a very Viking sense of justice, and Thor being the Norse god of Justice I sort of try to live my life in a way that he'd be proud of. If he was here. And inclined to be proud or otherwise of me.

Ugh, it's early.

\m/ Kat

Zezina

Zezina

I adopted the name of Zezina for my Tarot readings many years ago.

I enjoy names beginning with Z: I have a large black standard poodle named Zoe.

I couldn't recall how I'd initially decided on the name Zezina, but for many years it was inscribed in big letters onto a big loose canvas covering my studio floor. I do recall that happened when I was making a sign on the floor and the ink seeped though onto the floor covering

Then a recent check search of my Zezina blog revealed to me a very old book on Tarot written by a French cartomancer of the name Madame Zezina in 1969.

That could well be where I originally found the name.

hopena

I've been thinking about changing my username when I can ~ I feel like something new.

I chose this name four years ago, when signing up for a few new websites. I remembered the word, but not the meaning... I googled it when a friend asked me where the name came from, and found that, in Hawaii, it apparently means: Result, conclusion, sequel, ending, destiny, fate, consequence, effect, last. :) In other circles, it means taboo. (There's a blog post here, that defines hopena.)

FatesLady

My husband's craft name is Kismet, which means 'a strange twist of fate', and he considers himself in some ways to be fate's servant, so I figured that made me Fate's Lady. It's not Tarot related, just a name I chose and liked. You can find me by that name in lots of other places, along with my other favorite, WildScribe.

tarotlyn

...but wait :heart: sweetie...what does the "hammer" mean for you? (thorhammer)

:heart:tarotlyn

thorhammer said:
There is an old thread about this, a veritable wealth of information :D

Mine doesn't relate to Tarot, but to a sort of nebulous life mission. I have what I'd call a very Viking sense of justice, and Thor being the Norse god of Justice I sort of try to live my life in a way that he'd be proud of. If he was here. And inclined to be proud or otherwise of me.

Ugh, it's early.

\m/ Kat

tarotlyn

:heart: ...that is very interesting...and as far as being drawn to the letter "z,"
makes me want to ask you if you know what an "h, q, or z," in Numerology, means?

These particular letters equal an "8" in Numerology and that means:
power, money, strength, executive ability, control.

Do you have an "h, q, or z" in your birth certificate name?
If not, then these would be "karmic" areas for you ... or rather, lessons in life
to learn...
...just thought I would throw that out there...

Zezina said:
I adopted the name of Zezina for my Tarot readings many years ago.

I enjoy names beginning with Z: I have a large black standard poodle named Zoe.

I couldn't recall how I'd initially decided on the name Zezina, but for many years it was inscribed in big letters onto a big loose canvas covering my studio floor. I do recall that happened when I was making a sign on the floor and the ink seeped though onto the floor covering

Then a recent check search of my Zezina blog revealed to me a very old book on Tarot written by a French cartomancer of the name Madame Zezina in 1969.

That could well be where I originally found the name.

thorhammer

tarotlyn said:
...but wait :heart: sweetie...what does the "hammer" mean for you? (thorhammer)

Thor's weapon of choice was a hammer, called Mjolnir. I am his Hammer.

\m/ Kat

tarotlyn

...did you know that there is a lake called "Hopena" in Oklahoma?

I think it also means "hope"...:heart:

hopena said:
I've been thinking about changing my username when I can ~ I feel like something new.

I chose this name four years ago, when signing up for a few new websites. I remembered the word, but not the meaning... I googled it when a friend asked me where the name came from, and found that, in Hawaii, it apparently means: Result, conclusion, sequel, ending, destiny, fate, consequence, effect, last. :) In other circles, it means taboo. (There's a blog post here, that defines hopena.)

Calliope

Calliope is one of the muses in Greek mythology (in particular, the muse of heroic poetry). I have always loved mythology and have always been drawn to the Greek myths... She is also always pictured with a writing tablet, book, or scroll which seemed to fit me as well (I always have a book with me or am writing about something, whether it be in my LJ, here, or IRL).

Nothing really tarot related, but definitely "me" related. :)