New Custom Tarot Deck Sales Tool

tarotbear

I think that 'Tarots', 'Lenormands' and 'Oracles' are three different things, IMHO .... if it became 'Oracles and Others' I could see that .... but Tarot and Lenormands are not the same thing ...

gregory

I think that 'Tarots', 'Lenormands' and 'Oracles' are three different things, IMHO .... if it became 'Oracles and Others' I could see that .... but Tarot and Lenormands are not the same thing ...
Right on, baby. :D

(OMG we have agreed twice in les sthan a week. I think I need to lie down.)

Cards doesn't work as a category as there are ZILLIONS of cards on TGC and most of them are things like role play games and poker games and :bugeyed: model cards for physics class :bugeyed: and cards to teach you Japanese...

Alta

but Tarot and Lenormands are not the same thing ...
True, but folks who actually use them know the difference. The point is finding the entry point to the type of cards and having a good search engine. If it were narrowed down the "Tarot and more", most users could easily find their way to the Lenormands.

gregory

True, but folks who actually use them know the difference. The point is finding the entry point to the type of cards and having a good search engine. If it were narrowed down the "Tarot and more", most users could easily find their way to the Lenormands.
As long as they were sorted out. At this moment, go there and put in Tarot and LOADS of Lennies come up.

MandMaud

Cards doesn't work as a category as there are ZILLIONS of cards on TGC and most of them are things like role play games and poker games and :bugeyed: model cards for physics class :bugeyed: and cards to teach you Japanese...

Fair point!

Mabuse

Game Crafter should acknowledge Tarot games.

I agree too, mostly.

Only issue I see is that there are some tarots on GameCrafter designed to be used only for tarot games. It doesn't seem right to put these under "Divination decks" and it also doesn't seem right to split tarot into two sections either.

You are correct that it's not right to put a Tarot game deck under "divination" but I don't see anything wrong with splitting Tarot into two sections to reflect the fact Tarot cards are also used in games.

It might also be good to subdivide the "playing card" section as well as there are some Tarot game items there and have a Tarot section under "playing card" Besides Tarot items, I see a lot of non-standard playing card decks there.

gregory

There is a problem with that. Which means I would rather see them together. (So OK - Tarot and More...) BECAUSE - where would an unknowing person put/look for this ? Or this ?

And actually if I were looking for a tarock deck, I'd be fine looking under Divination :) though I do take your point. Tarot and more would work though. If you separate them entirely, those who DO want them for divination purposes (and there are many !) wouldn't be able to find them.

Mabuse

There is a problem with that. Which means I would rather see them together. (So OK - Tarot and More...) BECAUSE - where would an unknowing person put/look for this ? Or this ?

And actually if I were looking for a tarock deck, I'd be fine looking under Divination :) though I do take your point. Tarot and more would work though. If you separate them entirely, those who DO want them for divination purposes (and there are many !) wouldn't be able to find them.

But shouldn't card players be able to find them too? or better yet accidently stumble across them. For this reason I think "Tarot" should be a subcategory of both "divination" and "playing cards"

gregory

But shouldn't card players be able to find them too? or better yet accidently stumble across them. For this reason I think "Tarot" should be a subcategory of both "divination" and "playing cards"
We were suggesting NOT using the word divination and calling it "Tarot and more". That WOULD allow players to see them.