devil as outcome

wind

Hi, everyone,

thank you for your observations!
Yes, I also felt that this is merely passion...Thirteen, so time frame is short with the cards? I never put a limit, I just throw the cards and I say to people that I cannot tell them about the time frame, I don't know how to do that.

The thing is that my friends are usually eager to know: but WILL there be something?:) A man coming into my life, a raise in my job...and in my experience tarot is also a predictive tool, so I would like to be able to at least point towards and answer.

Like my tarot reader who told me: this person will try to contact you again. And indeed it happened!
I would also like to see such things to some extent...but sometimes I am not sure what to say, I don't know from the reading if something is going to happen or not:)

So, in this particular reading, there was Devil and I was not sure what it is really trying to say...well, as you all suggested and that was also my first instinct, passion and strong attraction.

Let's see how things ufold!

Tzabaoth

The devil to me tends to hint at control issues sometimes. Maybe the devil could indicate, on top of what others have suggested, the idea that the ball is in the gentleman's court. She obviously desires a relationship with this guy and perhaps he knows it, putting him in a position of control over the issue. And I tend to see knights of wands as the quintessential lover, the player. They are passionate and have a great bravado along with a sense of adventure. They are lovers, but sometimes not of the best type. As said, at best this might be just a short lascivious fling. Perhaps the devil is a warning for the quarent that she should be aware of the primarily carnal nature of the possible relationship. If she's okay with a tawdry affair then partake. If she's looking for something more meaningful, maybe she should keep away, or at least be prepared to not get too emotionally attached to him. Perhaps their relationship will simply commence on a sudden act of impulse, blind passion, tossing all inhibitions aside, all initial stages of courtship thrown out the window.

Thirteen

wind said:
Thirteen, so time frame is short with the cards? I never put a limit, I just throw the cards and I say to people that I cannot tell them about the time frame, I don't know how to do that.
Specific time frames are tricky things and I think they're best avoided. Generally, however, a CC type reading is usually no more than 90 days (that's in the experience of most readers I've spoken to). So what the a spread predicts will happen will likely happen within a month to 90 days.

This isn't to say that you can't specify a spread for a longer predictive period. There are year spreads (examining the year to come), and Karma spreads that gaze backward and forward into several lifetimes. But if it's a straight-forward CC type, it's *probably* not predicting what will happen in the far future--most people don't need to know what's going to happen five years from now, they need to know what's going to happen in a few months.

MissCW

You know, I just thought I'd throw this in as well. More and more in spreads for myself I have had Devil come up when I am obsessing about things and stressing out.

Just to be sure recently I clarified the Devil - and pulled 9 of Swords.

So in an outcome it can also mean "everythings fine, stop obsessing about it!" For me anyway!

bec

MissCW said:
You know, I just thought I'd throw this in as well. More and more in spreads for myself I have had Devil come up when I am obsessing about things and stressing out.

Just to be sure recently I clarified the Devil - and pulled 9 of Swords.

So in an outcome it can also mean "everythings fine, stop obsessing about it!" For me anyway!

A very great support to the obssesive, compulsive, manipulative, addictive and abusive description of the devil. Leading to stress, compulsive behaviours, self indulgdement, and self destructive behaviours one way or the other. The devil showing what we want, ego based "I want, and I want it all and now" - can even be a passion turning to obsession leading to stress and abuse.