Help me find a deck for meditation, contemplation, journaling, and healing

AJ

Someday when you do this again, I'd second the vote for the Tao Oracle. I've been working with it as a meditation deck for a long time, it is stunning. It does have dark cards but the art is so good (in my uneducated notion) the even the dark cards can be viewed and digested carefully.

If you have something to hock to me, I'd consider loaning my full size Songs. The small one you have is very comparable to the large one though, honest.

2_Journey

What a lovely offer to loan me your full-sized Songs! I would be so afraid of hurting them somehow! I would totally be tempted, except I already have the small one mini. But thank you for your offer. :)

After reading your post, I took a second look at the Tao Oracle. The cards certainly are gorgeous. If I could get past the words along the bottom (which are a bit of a turn off, as I don't like overly wordy decks), I might really enjoy working with them.

In your experience, I assume the words don't get in the way? Do they enchance working with the deck? I've never worked with a deck that has *that* many keywords.

The images just look so peaceful! The words seem like clutter. But I may be wrong, as they are bothering me less and less as I explor their website. (www.thetaooracle.com)

AJ

Well I'm not looking at them like I do reading tarot, I just use them to think, so the words I sometimes read and sometimes not. The book that comes with the deck is very good also, the ma deva padmas often see the world differently than I so there is food for thought there.

But, all that said, I leave them in the attached frame, sometimes for weeks. I can't see the words but I can think about the card. If you'd like to find me a replacement deck, I can trim these for you and you'd never have your brilliant brain sullied by the words :)

Today's card meshed so well with my tarot card of the day I'm still smiling.

(we miss you at spark, too!)

Attachments

• pen work 003.jpg
    pen work 003.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 139

Nevada

AJ said:
But, all that said, I leave them in the attached frame, sometimes for weeks. I can't see the words but I can think about the card. If you'd like to find me a replacement deck, I can trim these for you and you'd never have your brilliant brain sullied by the words :)

Today's card meshed so well with my tarot card of the day I'm still smiling.
OT but AJ, is that a business card holder? What a pretty frame/holder for a card.

2_Journey

Oh, that is a gorgeous frame, AJ!

Alright, you have convinced me! (I didn't need that much convincing, did I? :)) The Tao Oracle is headed to my wish list stat. The words on the cards had made me discount it, but now I realize I should give it a try. I think it might be fun to work with a deck that has keywords. (I never have since my disasterous foray into the Thoth.)

(Don't worry -- I'm headed back to spark later today or tomorrow!)

DeLightFull

2_Journey said:
After reading your post, I took a second look at the Tao Oracle. The cards certainly are gorgeous. If I could get past the words along the bottom (which are a bit of a turn off, as I don't like overly wordy decks), I might really enjoy working with them.

In your experience, I assume the words don't get in the way? Do they enchance working with the deck? I've never worked with a deck that has *that* many keywords.

The images just look so peaceful! The words seem like clutter. But I may be wrong, as they are bothering me less and less as I explor their website. (www.thetaooracle.com)

Oh My! Another deck I *must* have. I might never have given this deck a chance but it is gorgeous!!

AJ

I think it is a business card holder...if you didn't have much business :) it isn't very thick. I shipped one to Bodhran too I think. More likely it was intended as a picture frame

Anyway I'm with you on the thoth keywords. Too specific

The words on this card are
42 Increase
in smaller print:
sharing, reaping rewards, overflow, expansion, flowering, encouragement, fertile ground, abundance

good things to think about, gratitude and blessings.

Welcome back to Spark

Glass Owl

AprilFool said:
Archetype Cards is the name of a 74-card Oracle deck - very interesting deck for meditation. Each of the Archetypes depicted show a lovely image, as well as the "light side" and the "shadow side" of each. Some of the ones represented are also in the Tarot majors (Lover, Goddess, etc.), but most are quite different, such as The Saboteur, The Healer, The Victim, The Damsel, The Angel, The Artist and The Teacher. It really helps you explore the many archetypes that are in all of us, with the good points AND the bad points of each trait or tendency.

Here is a link to Amazon - the deck is only $13 - $14!

http://www.amazon.com/Archetype-Car...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255230265&sr=1-1
I own this deck and I think that it is very good for journaling and healing. I think that is why I'm also very drawn to the Wisdom of the Hidden Realms oracle deck... I like decks that help me explore the archetypes and how there are pieces of them in all of us.