how to cleanse my cards

nisaba

Ambience said:
I hold my hands over the deck and ask my spirit guides to cleanse it for me. I then wait for awhile before shuffling and again i do this for a short time before refocusing on a question. I do turn all the cards the right way up also, so no reversals.
<warm smile> I just shuffle. Immediately, the deck feels clean, good, and ready to go.

Rovay

Only think that may stain my cards is the presence of others, so I just do something else - I do not overwrite it, I just over-stain it. I do not know about you, but I sleep with my cards with my bed every night to connect with them better and "stain" them myself.

Marlo

I have read some of you use amethysts and quartz crystals to absorb negative energy from your tarot deck.

Is there any other kind of stone that can be used for that ?

Graymalkin

You could try Obsidian. I keep a palm size rainbow one in with one of my decks. I believe it helps.

nisaba

But then you;re left with "dirty" stones, which you then have to cleanse. Why not just do it straight-off first time around, instead of transferring it and making more work for yourself?

A quick shuffle outdoors (if your locality's air is unpolluted) is perfect. Gets all the cards touched by fresh, clean air.

Graymalkin

That's only something I do when I'm out and about and I can't cleanse them as much as I want. It's really what makes you most comfortable. I got an air for showmanship so I go about it in a more theatrical way XD