"Can you give me some numbers...

lark

Hi Debra
I have been asked to give lucky lottery number more times than I can count.
Usually I just smile and say "If I knew that honey I'd be using it myself."
Sometimes that's enought to bring them back to reality, but if they persist I tell them what I do when I buy some tickets.
I let the universe give me the numbers...look around you notice numbers on signs or posters, numbers people mention to you, sit back and observe and let the universe lead you to the right numbers.
It's focused, it's empowering, and leaves the decision in their hands.
More than that I can not do.

I have played around (for myself) with the spread tartenwolf is talking about it's fun...but I'm still poor. :D
It's from the book HOW TO: USE TAROT SPREADS by Silvia Abraham (pg. 265)

tartanwolf

lark said:
Hi Debra
I have been asked to give lucky lottery number more times than I can count.
Usually I just smile and say "If I knew that honey I'd be using it myself."
Sometimes that's enought to bring them back to reality, but if they persist I tell them what I do when I buy some tickets.
I let the universe give me the numbers...look around you notice numbers on signs or posters, numbers people mention to you, sit back and observe and let the universe lead you to the right numbers.
It's focused, it's empowering, and leaves the decision in their hands.
More than that I can not do.

I have played around (for myself) with the spread tartenwolf is talking about it's fun...but I'm still poor. :D
It's from the book HOW TO: USE TAROT SPREADS by Silvia Abraham (pg. 265)

Well thats just no good! There i was thinking come this weekend i would be rich!

lark

tartanwolf said:
Well thats just no good! There i was thinking come this weekend i would be rich!
Oh there, there now...don't fret...maybe the universe will give you some good numbers...like once I played the experation date numbers on the bottom of a can of corn and won a 100 bucks...so cheer up! :D

Aerin

nisaba said:
Or even mathematically.

If you look at the mathematical concept of probabilities, the probabilities that a given sequence of numbers chosen for an event will some out a second time in that event are way-way-way astronomical, far more remote than just choosing the right numbers randomly.

And what happens if you dowse the numbers, then get the numbers from the week-before-last? <mischief-grin>

*puts maths hat on*
Not once the first draw happens. The numbers have no memory. The odds of the same numbers coming up twice in a row *before* the first set are drawn - now that multiplies the two individual probablitlities together and yes it's massive.

But once a draw has happened, everything goes back the way it was. Every set of numbers has the same chance of coming up as every other set.

It's one of those great counter-intuitive things and the reason why you have to be very very careful of attaching significance to patterns in things that have already happened, as against making a prediction and then seeing if it holds up afterwards.

Here's Richard Feynmann on it:

http://cubic.bioc.columbia.edu/~bigelow/feynman_joke.html

*takes maths hat off again*

Aerin

exactly! sorry didn't read that before I posted, got too excitable *sheepish grin*

ps but the "law of averages" is a great thing to quote wrongly when you are pretending to have a roulette system in fun

Tharivol said:
The problem with the using up numbers claim is that isn't how chance works. The numbers drawn right now have no bearing on the numbers drawn yesterday, no matter what medium was used. Take a coin as a simple example. It doesn't know what was flipped last, each flip is its own instance.

If we can accept that, then it follows that the system used to draw lotteries is also 100% affected by chance, not prior events. The often quoted "law of averages" only says what is EXPECTED to happen over a sufficiently large number of trials. Playing the lottery every day for the rest of your life won't be large enough.

With those two, using the tarot, or any tool, to predict numbers is as accurate as any other method. Short of manipulating the system, it's impossible to tell what's going to come up with any given draw.

That said, it never hurts to try. =^_^=

Alta

Moderator note:

Two off topic posts removed. Please stay on the topic on how to deal with clients who want the lottery numbers.

Thanks,
Alta
co-Moderator, Talking Tarot