Tarot of Dreams

DownUnderNZer

Hi all...

Am I right in thinking this is a Ciro M deck?

If so, can anyone give me an idea of what the original deck cost and what the price would be for it now. Fair or reasonable. First edition.

Is it worth it compare to the mass market one which some rave about as being awesome.

Thanks!

DND :)

Alta

It is a Ciro Marchetti deck, as you seem to know, originally self published and now MM. The original was quite pricey, but I can't help you with that part as I don't keep price records of my decks. I am thinking in the $100 range and I bought mine in 2010 so adjust accordingly.

DownUnderNZer

I looked properly when I got home.

I did find an image when I was out and about, but then when I went into a "no signal area" lost it although I liked it, and when back in an area with signal I thought put it in AT before no signal again.

I know now that it is him and the one that was also mass marketed which I think was the only deck mass marketed.

I liked the image I saw and thought "familiar" but could not place it until I thought about it more.

Thanks!

It is a Ciro Marchetti deck, as you seem to know, originally self published and now MM. The original was quite pricey, but I can't help you with that part as I don't keep price records of my decks. I am thinking in the $100 range and I bought mine in 2010 so adjust accordingly.

DownUnderNZer

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the disk for Windows or is it likely obsolete?
In addition, is it something that can be lived without or is it needed to read the cards? If it is in the style of the RW then it might be fine for me without the disk.

delinfrey

No disk is necessary to read the cards. Ciro keeps to traditional meanings mostly, so you can read out-of-box.

Tarot of Dreams is definitely not the only MM deck out there. The Gilded and Legacy of the Divine are also mass-produced.

The particular difference between ToD self-published and MM is the lack of pillar borders in the MM version (they are bleed black, just like Legacy of the Divine).

DownUnderNZer

Thanks... I know not the only MM as I have a number of his decks only I did not think the Legacy or Gilded were self published at all. Of all his decks I thought the Tarot of Dreams was the only one self published then mass marketed.

Tarot of Dreams is 1, 2 and 3 Editions plus the Mass Marketing only I did not know there was more than 1 edition.

Now I may need to seek out the other two editions although I think Edition 3 is the one that has my attention more.

Thanks for letting me know about the disk.

No disk is necessary to read the cards. Ciro keeps to traditional meanings mostly, so you can read out-of-box.

Tarot of Dreams is definitely not the only MM deck out there. The Gilded and Legacy of the Divine are also mass-produced.

The particular difference between ToD self-published and MM is the lack of pillar borders in the MM version (they are bleed black, just like Legacy of the Divine).

Phineas

Versions

Hi DND,

ToD was the first deck I ever got and is still my fav.

I attached a Photo of all 4 Versions, Left to Right.

The Original self published Large card with the CD, mine is for the Mac the CD had some PDFs, including a very extensive book.

The Second which I'm not sure if it was self published or mass market in a small box with the magnetic catch and included the 4 palace cards and the book was the same size as the cards.

The Third which was self published and had the gilded edges and the book was the same size as the cards.

The Forth which was mass market and came with a book almost as big as the box.

All the books including the PDF one with the origin had the text by Lee Burnsten.

Let me know if you need anything else or closer pics of a particular version.

Cheers,
Phineas

Attachments

• Tarots of Dreams.JPG
    Tarots of Dreams.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 281

DownUnderNZer

Thanks for sharing this photo of all 4. Amazing to see side by side I must say and it really does make a visual difference.

The 1st one is the biggest by far, and the 4th doesn't have the same kind of borders, yet all images are the same. Only...the third one does have the golden edges which I do like.

I think I may have to get the 2nd and 3rd as well if ever the opportunity arises.

I just bought the 1st edition and the 4th one.

I didn't know the first one came in a box - I thought just a pouch and CD.

Learn a new thing everyday.....

You really look after your cards which is A+++ in my books.

Anyways, thanks again for showing all of them, greatly appreciated.

Hi DND,

The Original self published Large card with the CD, mine is for the Mac the CD had some PDFs, including a very extensive book.

The Second which I'm not sure if it was self published or mass market in a small box with the magnetic catch and included the 4 palace cards and the book was the same size as the cards.

The Third which was self published and had the gilded edges and the book was the same size as the cards.

All the books including the PDF one with the origin had the text by Lee Burnsten.

Cheers,
Phineas

DownUnderNZer

Ps I didnt know there were 4 editions until I looked to see if it was a Ciro M deck as well.

Hi DND,

Cheers,
Phineas

gregory

I like the original by FAR the best - though I am also fond of the extra 4 cards that came with the second edition. I bought it when it came out in 2005, and I paid $75 for it - as I recall that was a special deal trailed here. I also paid $75 for the second edition in 2009.

But past prices mean nothing - costs have gone up anyway, and the earlier ones are totally OOP and have to be bought used - and that always ups the price.