Death crossing 6 of Cups

wheelie

Ruby Jewel wrote:
I see the crossing card as an obstacle, for better or worse, to be dealt with...not a total irreversible block. There are always ways to circumvent a block in your path....you can go over it or around it or transcend it. I see it as an obstacle that requires a choice: death or transformation. In other words the choice is whether to die and end all possibilities; or change, and in changing, perhaps transform the situation. For me the Death card is as much about a new beginning as it is about an ending....either way, the core meaning is "change."

Oh yes. That resonates with my feelings when I first read the spread.

Ruby Jewel

I am going to try to provide the required response to the interpretations given so far.

I agree that the Six of Cups might also mean friendship, history, known comfort, and any other things mentioned today. When I read this complete spread, though, I have reason to believe the reversal does not necessarily indicate complete loss of the positive energy or significance in the card. I intuited a restriction of the energy or significance. I could be wrong.

I hope this is the kind of response required by the rules.

I agree with you Wheelie. I don't see a complete loss. The Death card is neither up or down. It is just an obstacle. The final card, the 5 of Cups also shows hope with 2 cups still standing. I see the 6 of swords as moving out of a difficult situation to a higher mental state..perhaps gaining some distance in order to attain a better perspective. These cards do not seem at all hopeless to me. It is just the current energy surrounding the situation.

wheelie

I really think you are in the good vibrations, Ruby Jewel.

I must say that the discussion here helped me so much as the crossed/double reversed scenario with Death was entangling my logic somehow. I can see how interacting with different readings helps everybody learn, similar to the way reading different translations of the I-Ching or the Bible can expand understanding.

Maybe I'll post the full reading under "Your Readings" just for academic interest.

Full Reading

wheelie

Aftertought on "crossed/reversal"

I think part of my confusion on this reading, as noted by the more experienced members, was reading the crossing card as reversed--a practice I gladly abandon.

Here's a little more detailed feedback on that issue:

I probably picked this up from reading runes when I have to decide what to do with sideways stones. I read somewhere to turn them clockwise to see whether they are reversed or upright. I believe I had just applied this practice to the sideways card in Tarot!