Llewellyn's new card stock

G6

My Linestrider is super duper thin and bends too easily... It's like shuffling copy paper. Also compared to what I've seen posted of the indie printing and the artist's website where you can buy prints of some of the cards, the colors are really washed out.

The book is wonderful but I've never been so disappointed in an actual deck before. She's got a new deck coming out and you can bet I'll be getting the self published version before Llewellyn ruins it.

Yeah, I hear you. The Santa Muerta Tarot by Fabio Listrani will be released by Llewellyn in the fall. I'm going to wait and hear if everyone is as annoyed and disappointed about the cardstock as they were about Modern Spellcasters.

Essjay

My Linestrider is super duper thin and bends too easily... It's like shuffling copy paper. Also compared to what I've seen posted of the indie printing and the artist's website where you can buy prints of some of the cards, the colors are really washed out.

The book is wonderful but I've never been so disappointed in an actual deck before. She's got a new deck coming out and you can bet I'll be getting the self published version before Llewellyn ruins it.

I'm 100% with you. I didn't realise she had a new one coming.

G6

This is what I've been saying for awhile that big publishers are really missing the boat here. I advocate they should just consider improving the quality of their releases across the board or at the very least do a special edition/professional edition with much better cardstock.

Looks like Llewellyn is doing this with Santa Muerta. The fine print in the description for their special edition says: "cards printed on highest quality stock".

https://www.amazon.com/Tarot-Santa-Muerte-Limited-Listrani/dp/0738754390

I might order and find out. I definitely don't want their standard cardstock. Either way Llewellyn needs to boost their standard cardstock, which is totally subpar and not acceptable.

Alta

This is a Lo Scarabeo deck, Llewellyn is just distributing it.

G6

This is a Lo Scarabeo deck, Llewellyn is just distributing it.

That's right! I first saw the deck in the LoScar catalog. In Amazon it's listed as Llewellyn. Now if only LoScar would print Llewellyn's decks for them! 🙏🏻

Essjay

So, if I bought a second Linestrider would it have the thin or thick stock? I have the Green Witch on the way so will see what that's like.

gregory

So, if I bought a second Linestrider would it have the thin or thick stock? I have the Green Witch on the way so will see what that's like.
OK but nothing special, when I got mine.

G6

The cardstock on the Linestrider is different from their usual painfully cheap super thin cardstock. It seems more cardboard like, but to me it seems easy to damage. If you love the deck and already have one of the independently published early editions you might want to pick up and use the Llewellyn one. It's so cheap why not. If you're like me and not in love with the deck I would pass.

Essjay

OK but nothing special, when I got mine.

To be honest I'm hoping for the standard thin stuff!

G6 said:
The cardstock on the Linestrider is different from their usual painfully cheap super thin cardstock. It seems more cardboard like, but to me it seems easy to damage. If you love the deck and already have one of the independently published early editions you might want to pick up and use the Llewellyn one. It's so cheap why not. If you're like me and not in love with the deck I would pass.

I do love the deck but don't have a first edition. I'll continue with the one I have for now!

barefootlife

I don't hate my Linestrider cardstock, but it does keep me from reaching for the deck when I have much more satisfying ones to handle. The texture of the card doesn't bother me but I can tell they're going to bend with regular use, even though I do a corner riffle and don't have to curve the cards that much. I don't understand why the book and box are so beautiful and then the cards are so meh. There's just no comparison to my Wild Unknown 2nd edition (which required breaking in to riffle) or Invisible Light cards, in terms of a deck that's a pleasure to handle.