6 of Pentacles as feelings

Eddie

WalesWoman said:
Feelings... between both of them or one for the other? I think it could be showing that one is wanting what the other has to give, the other gives as much as they feel comfortable with or is willing to give. This could be mutually satisfying back and forth or it could be that one is feeling pretty needy and willing to accept anything the other is willing to share... no matter how much or how little.

6 is about harmony, balance, give and take... the quantity and quality of that is best determined by the cards surrounding this I'd think.

Spot on Waleswoman!

This six means, that as feelings, this person is willing to compromise. communicate and co-operate with the other person. Sounds like a successful relationship to me.

Eddie

Snookum

Feelings... between both of them or one for the other? I think it could be showing that one is wanting what the other has to give, the other gives as much as they feel comfortable with or is willing to give. This could be mutually satisfying back and forth or it could be that one is feeling pretty needy and willing to accept anything the other is willing to share... no matter how much or how little.

6 is about harmony, balance, give and take... the quantity and quality of that is best determined by the cards surrounding this I'd think.

I just stumbled across this thread as I keep drawing the 6 of pents.

I see the six of pentacles as a power imbalance; someone is giving because it's a favour that's been asked of them, and with that knowledge is power. There's a certain master/slave dialectic to this: the recipient needs the giver, and the giver needs the recipient. All fine so far, except that the giver starts to become the recipient (he needs to feel needed) and the recipient starts to become the giver (he's needed to be seen to need). In a sense it's mutually satisfying for both parties, but when either stops needing, or being needed, then you have a problem. This is when you could break apart because there's nothing else to be gained from the experience.

In my experience, that's when these feelings run their course; or you have to negotiate a new dynamic between you.

PAMUYA

But then the "victim" heals or grows, and the wants the "carer" to give up their position of strength and become an equal, and the whole relationship collapses. I've seen it time and time again. Best they can manage then, is to live in the same house as strangers.

and that is how life goes, we all continue to grow and change...one could always leave.

Tomorrow

I got the reversed 6 of pentacles for feelings when I asked about a guy I'm seeing and reading the replies on this thread sure opened up my eyes. I was in denial about his feelings for me. It was so obvious....

At first he was all over me but now I am the one who almost always initiates contact. If I don't, it takes him days to call. When we see each other, he is very affectionate and acts kinda like a father figure, always giving me life advice. He used to be really jealous but I told him how much I care for him and now he takes me for granted. He is very protective of me but knowing what the 6 of pentacles means, it all makes sense. He sees me as the slave and himself as the Master. He sees me as something that belongs to him, that's why he gets mad when other guys try to hit on me. I thought it meant that he might have strong romantic feelings for me but if he did he would call and text a lot like he used to. I have felt so much frustration because of this guy but now I am moving on. I deserve better.

Pique Dame

I know this spread was about the 6 of P's as feelings, but what about representing where someone wants a relationship to go? I've been getting that card a lot in spreads that ask "Where he wants the relationship to go", so I was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom in that context. Seems like a good omen, but hard to decipher in a directional sense. Maybe it means he wants to be fair to everyone involved? Or he wants a relationship where we both give and take equally.

WalesWoman

I know this spread was about the 6 of P's as feelings, but what about representing where someone wants a relationship to go? I've been getting that card a lot in spreads that ask "Where he wants the relationship to go", so I was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom in that context. Seems like a good omen, but hard to decipher in a directional sense. Maybe it means he wants to be fair to everyone involved? Or he wants a relationship where we both give and take equally.

One of the things about 6 Pentacles is giving and receiving, mainly giving as much as one feels comfortable with giving or getting. It does NOT mean equal measure, even if we might wish it were. Usually it answers a question, does it feel fair? Or does one seem to do more giving and feels happy with getting crumbs? The harmony is kept by keeping it in balance, but by no means is it equal. It's one of those balances where what you get is enough to get by on, it may not fill you, but it doesn't leave you completely empty. But it's more about the physical side of things, some sort of trade off. Staying in a relationship even when it isn't fulfilling because it's better than the alternative? Getting into a relationship because it's convenient and meets your physical needs or whatever. It says nothing about love at all.

Elizav

6 of Pentacles experience

I wanted to reply to this thread because the 6 of pentacles has been stalking me for a while and the forum was so helpful. I finally understand what this card means (for me at least). And it's basically what you've all said in many ways. This is just my experience of it as far as feelings go. I received this card both as my feelings and his feelings so I was stumped for a while.

The one giving may feel burdened and wish someone could give to them and the one taking feels unwanted and wishes they didn't have to beg, that they had something to give. None of the people are actually focusing on the other, they are more so focusing on their own "plight" in relationship to the other. So the giver isn't looking at the beggar and thinking negatively of them, they think the beggar is lucky to just sit there and receive. People care about him and he just soaks it all up without having to worry about the sacrifices it took for it to get to him. The beggar is thinking how lucky is this rich man, he never needs to ask or receive while the beggar does. The "rich" man has so much to give and he chooses when and who to give to.

This came about in a relationship where I felt like the giver, and he was the taker but it could be seen both ways where I felt I was wishing he gave to me while he just stood there and gave his time elsewhere. We were both trying to be seen as an equal by the other and both felt "neglected" whether giver or taker. He was thinking she is stable, she has unlimited resources (energy, affection) so she gives me of her time, but she needs no one, she's not impressed with me, what more can I possibly bring to her life, why bother when I have other areas in my life where I am valued and can give energy to. I was thinking I hold him to high regard and am lucky to know someone like him. He is self made while I'm stable because I have my family. I wish he would reciprocate and give his time/energy to me. I could give my time to anyone else but chose him because I do need him in my life.

At the end of the day it is equal. Both people can give and take equally and have the capacity to but they don't realize how equal it is and how much they are both needed and wanted by the other, that they are both giver and receiver in a way and that they both have a lot to bring to the table.

So feelings wise, the person feels they need you in some way, they value your presence, whether to give to them or because they may want to spoil you, but they think you either don't need them, won't give to them, or don't appreciate them. So they may simply try to stay away so you don't see them as needy, or they'll go somewhere else where they feel needed or appreciated.

canid

It's also known as the 'now' card, timing wise. What's going on RIGHT NOW. Sharing, things are in balance, harmony, etc. Giving or receiving, which we all know about it. But right now.

wind

6 of pentacles is Moon in Taurus - and this is the caretaker, the provider, the one giving safe and stable environment where the needs can be fulfilled.
Moon is exhalted in Taurus and it provides security and also pleasure and satisfaction of basic needs, so the feelings are quite generous. The need and desire to take care, to enjoy, to be of support...

In my experience, this card meant nice things - positive resolutions, understanding,balance. It predicted really lovely and happy times with my beloved, it also predicted my financial needs will be taken care of.

I see it mainly as a positive card.

As for the 'imbalance' view - it is one aspect, of course, I have also seen it manifested in this way, as balancing giving-receiving. I have seen it as being in debt to someone as well, also as extortion.
But in my opinion, we depend too much on rws images. RWS image are an important aspect, but being too stuck on that narrows the experience of the cards and the energies. The number should be considered (6), perhaps relation to the Majors (6 as lovers), the suit (pents), astrology, kabbalah...So many things that go beyond the scope of the image on the card.

werewolfmoon

The Six means 'spending time' to me, it comes up when friends are coming or my guy is going to call. It also means give/take and a balance of emotions. It's a happy card and I love it when it comes up.