Be careful when storing tarot cards in wood boxes from India

Papageno

My Pet Peeves About Storage

cheezoid export ware should be avoided at all costs, or else it WILL cost you dearly. garbage. poorly cured cheap woods stained with God only knows what and improperly finished , even the linings are dangerous to the health of your cards. cheap textiles poorly dyed that can bleed into your cards over time.
even good wood boxes are inadvisable unless they are properly lined with a high quality fabric. bare wood storage is abrasive and will ruin the finish of cards and boxes. if your deck came without a box, wrap it up nicely in good 8 1/2 x 11 stationary for an extra layer of protection.

Fulgour

Hello :) trismegistus ~ This can be all too true!
Myself, I wanted a few boxes, but I took care.

Most of my best decks are in a box that I made
from scratch with all new materials. And it's fun!

Glass Owl

I have a few wooden boxes (lined with scarves) that I use for my cards. Fortunately, I've been using these two boxes for years to store various things without problems.

But my favorite item to use for Tarot storage is train cases (also called travel totes or cases). Basically they are luggage-type cases for carrying make up/toiletry items and come in several sizes, with the larger ones being able to hold bigger items like hair dryers. They ones I use for cards are the simple ones that don't have any dividers on the inside. They are awesome because: they are made of material that is sturdy, have a handle or strap for easy transportation, zip up nicely, are tall enough to store decks upright, and can be cleaned easily (after all, they are designed so that if your makeup/shampoo spills in there it can be wiped off.) Some of them are designed to be waterproof which is very nice.

I have two large ones and 2 smaller ones (these have the brand name Roxy on them). My Roxy train cases have mirrors in them but you can remove them or cover them up with stickers or what not if the mirrors bother you. I have found all of mine at my favorite thift store. Looking online, I have seen the Roxy ones priced at $24-$35 each so I lucked out because I picked up one for $3 and another one a few months later for $2.

Debra

Glass Owl said:
But my favorite item to use for Tarot storage is train cases (also called travel totes or cases). Basically they are luggage-type cases for carrying make up/toiletry items and come in several sizes, with the larger ones being able to hold bigger items like hair dryers. They ones I use for cards are the simple ones that don't have any dividers on the inside. They are awesome because: they are made of material that is sturdy, have a handle or strap for easy transportation, zip up nicely, are tall enough to store decks upright, and can be cleaned easily (after all, they are designed so that if your makeup/shampoo spills in there it can be wiped off.) Some of them are designed to be waterproof which is very nice.

HOLY MOLY! This is brilliant. I've been struggling with rectangular baskets on a shelf. Off to the Goodwill to see what they've got!