...and Crowley be thy Name

Rosanne

In another thread where I and others became 'off Topic'- I feel that my response should be a thread by itself.
So I have had a small Interview with myself in PlayBoy fashion to give clear understanding of my attitude to Crowley alias 'ol Al.
Q. Have you read anything about Crowley by anyone including Al himself?
A. Yes
Q. Much?
A. Mucho plenti!
Q. Did you like anything?
A. Yes- The so called channeled work The Book of Law or Liber al, I think
it is known as and the Book of T (when I could fully understand it). Some
Biographies in part when they were'nt on a biased agenda.
Q. Is there anything out there written that you agree with/or is how you see
Al ?
A. Yes this- http://www.mith.demon.co.uk/CROWLEY.htm
Q. Do you think Crowley a Devil Worshipper?
A. No
Q. An influential Occultist?
A. Yes
Q. A Majician?
A. Yes
Q. Trustworthy?
A. No
Q. Do you like Thoth Tarot?
A. Yes I think it is beautiful
Q. Now the biggie! Do you think Crowley a Santanist?
A. In the terms of how it was understood 1900-1960 before leVey- yes I do
and although I am not going to re read Confessions again I have found
this partly pertinent quote ..to aspire with increasing fervour and concentration, for six months, towards the obtaining of the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. Once He has appeared, it is then necessary, first, to call forth the Four Great Princes of the Evil of the World; next, their eight sub-princes; and, lastly, the three hundred and sixteen servitors of these.
Q. So no eating babies and the other diabolical things Al has been accused
of?..and do you think Gnostic Mass is wrong?
A. No.
Q. Do you think this interview will clear things up?
A. Not really- because you either believe he was a Master or you don't.
I don't.
~Rosanne

Aeon418

And your point is?

Rosanne

Thanks for posting Aeon418. My point was to flush out The Lemur Lovers- you know those magical monkeys? I like to read dispassionate accounts of nocturnal animals whom to all extent and purposes do not seem to have the capacity to read. :* ~Rosanne

Aeon418

Frankly I'm baffled. You claim to have read some reputable Crowley bio's. But that begs the question, why are the contents of your post still an issue? It's a complete non-issue for anyone who actually knows the subject.

Mimers

Aeon418 said:
Frankly I'm baffled. You claim to have read some reputable Crowley bio's. But that begs the question, why are the contents of your post still an issue? It's a complete non-issue for anyone who actually knows the subject.

because she was challenged in a rather indignant manner I believe is why. At least from an observers standpoint anyway.

sweet_intuition

Pardon my ignorance..... but, what the **** is all this about??

Mimers

sweet_intuition said:
Pardon my ignorance..... but, what the **** is all this about??

A previous thread where Rosanne posted some comments about Crowley that others disagreed with and chalanged. So, rather than veer off topic she posted them here.

Here's the thread. It is quite interesting even if it is more about the Thoth than the RWS.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=71537&page=1&pp=10

sweet_intuition

Lol... another Crowley is evil, Waite is authentic melodrama...lol

It really doesn't make a big diff... Those who are attracted to Crowleys beliefs and writings will always respect him and revere him, same goes to those attracted to Waite's work.

So fighting about it wont make a diff.

Rosanne

sweet_intuition said:
Lol... another Crowley is evil, Waite is authentic melodrama...lol <snip>
So fighting about it wont make a diff.
hehehe you are so right! I was just responding as mimers kindly pointed out, to a challenge on my views in the aforesaid 'other thread'. It does get a tad boring - so I tried to be clear (as mud to some lol) ~Rosanne

sweet_intuition

Personally... I'm more a Crowley type, than a stuffy Waite type.

Crowley was Fabulous ;)