Hermit: Rays of Light

Zephyros

There are rays of light that do not emanate from the lamp. Snuffin seems to suggest the triangular one is two sides of a pyramid, while the other is the horizon. I don't get it... can some one give me a suggestion where to look to understand them?

ravenest

I think that in one of the trim the Thoth threads ... I saw cards put together where those rays seemed to cross over into other cards, or come from other cards into the Hermit card.

Zephyros

Hmmm. None that I can see, the Fours don't suggest themselves to that (although the placement of the horizontal triangle does make sense in that context) . If I really stretch it maybe the Emperor or the Knight of Wands, I could see a connection there. Maybe the Magus? Very interesting, but mystifying.

ETA: Found something very interesting that might hold the key, but I'll look at it in the morning (my time) as my brain has turned to mush.

http://www.thothweb.com/sections-printpage-324.html

Zephyros

Still stumped. Tried to look at it from the point of view of a three dimensional tree and made no headway (other than obvious things). Anyone? Anything?

It's so quiet here... I'm all alone... forever alone...

ravenest

( .... sound of crickets chirping .... )

ravenest

Okay then ... default options;

1. It's a mystery. (An old Lodge Master once said thats the answer you give when a new person asks a new and difficult question :laugh: )

2. Its synthetic projective geometry.

3. (Getting really desperate now ) It requires thelemic 'chanelling' .... })

[ Several Thothforumites sigh; ... "Not that Shoggoth again!" ]

Aeon418

Liber 418 - 13th Aethyr:

The man of earth is the adherent. The lover giveth his life unto the work among men. The hermit goeth solitary, and giveth only of his light unto men.

Just tossing this out FWIW....

The pyramid like structure is "one pointed" or solitary. The Hermit is fixed in his Will seated in the City of the Pyramids.

The slanted line of light below the pyramid is suggestive of a direction of travel because the Hermit "goeth" while projecting his LVX (lamp) below the abyss.

ravenest

Sounds good to me

Nothing like the threat of channelling to bring the gnosis out of the closet ;)

Zephyros

Aeon, I could kiss you right about now! That's it! The City of Pyramids! NOX!

Would you say then, that the Hermit is a Master of the Temple?